Contribute
Register

Gigabyte X299X - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TheBloke what are you’re bios settings?

got the CPU, so I can finish the system finally

I'm getting 'System Clock Problem' errors.
I guess that's RTC problem?

What's the fix for it ?

Never mind, that I fixed.

But here comes the Thunderbolt issue.
So I'm using an Avid HDX Card in a Sonnet Echo III Chassis,
this is the new version with an internal switch specific for HDX.

What I'm having of issues with the old system system, that if an SSDT for Hotplug is enabled,
the drivers can't see the card.
But when disabling the SSDT the drivers see the card.

So for some reason the SSDT is making issues.

Is there someone who can help me out...

Never mind, that I fixed.

But here comes the Thunderbolt issue.
So I'm using an Avid HDX Card in a Sonnet Echo III Chassis,
this is the new version with an internal switch specific for HDX.

What I'm having of issues with the old system system, that if an SSDT for Hotplug is enabled,
the drivers can't see the card.
But when disabling the SSDT the drivers see the card.

So for some reason the SSDT is making issues.

Is there someone who can help me out...
This is the latest Thunderbolt SSDT for our MB, from the HackinDROM site. It's slightly different to the one previously uploaded in this thread, and seems to give a better result in that it correctly renames all devices in IoReg and the original one did not. I haven't noticed any practical difference yet.

If this doesn't work you might need to do the full firmware flash.

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM.aml
    6.1 KB · Views: 45
Hi,
I can tell you that I had an Titan Ridge Card with flashed firmware in the other system.
And that it had the same problem.
So flashed firmware or not,
with injected SSDT for HP not working Audio Card

Hi,
I can tell you that I had an Titan Ridge Card with flashed firmware in the other system.
And that it had the same problem.
So flashed firmware or not,
with injected SSDT for HP not working Audio Card
Ah, not sure then. I do know there are some TB3 audio interfaces that don't yet work on a Hack - devices from Antelope for example. There was a report on another site that a method had been found to make it work, but no details yet.

I don't know if your Avid might be the same as that.

You'd best speak to CaseySJ, he's the TB3 expert around here.

Yeah, I know about that fix and I’m in touch with that person.
But I will send you PM

@TheBloke
Question about the DigiCal TS3 Pro.
So I got it today, and first booted with my Sonnet Thunderbolt on TB Port 1, CalDigit on TB Port 2 [No Displayport Connected]
When getting in OC and selecting the Boot Drive, Apple logo shows up and reboot system, with BIOS Error.
Changed the ports so CalDigit on TB Port 1 and Sonnet on TB Port 2, System boots fine.
CalDigit is seen in IOREG and fully connected.

Then system shutdown, plugged the DP from the GPU to DP In of the TB 1 Port and Screen on DigiCal.
Getting image on the screen, when OC and selecting Boot drive, got Apple logo and directly system reboot with BIOS Error and this stays happening.

Is this the so called Boot BUG of the BIOS ?

@TheBloke
Question about the DigiCal TS3 Pro.
So I got it today, and first booted with my Sonnet Thunderbolt on TB Port 1, CalDigit on TB Port 2 [No Displayport Connected]
When getting in OC and selecting the Boot Drive, Apple logo shows up and reboot system, with BIOS Error.
Changed the ports so CalDigit on TB Port 1 and Sonnet on TB Port 2, System boots fine.
CalDigit is seen in IOREG and fully connected.

Then system shutdown, plugged the DP from the GPU to DP In of the TB 1 Port and Screen on DigiCal.
Getting image on the screen, when OC and selecting Boot drive, got Apple logo and directly system reboot with BIOS Error and this stays happening.

Is this the so called Boot BUG of the BIOS ?
If the system shuts down 8-10 seconds after you start booting, and when it comes back you get a BIOS error (and if you check the BIOS, you'll see your RAM XMP is not applied, and any overclock settings you might have had are not applied) then that's definitely the BIOS boot bug.

Most likely the reason you are seeing it with some TB configs and not others is that the bug is timing related. If boot happens quicker, you can avoid the bug. So anything that slows down booting - as having an extra TB device connected could do - can trigger it. For example on my system I found the bug always triggered once I added my Intel X520 10GBe NIC; presumably its UEFI drivers slowed down the firmware enough to cause the bug to always trigger.

This can be avoided in one of two ways:

1. Set ConnectDrivers=false in OpenCore config.plist. This avoids the bug, but also prevents the loading of HfsPlus.efi, meaning you can't boot DMGs like the macOS installer. But it won't be an issue for booting an existing installation.

2. Use the patched OC 0.6.7 I uploaded last month - this allows ConnectDrivers=true.

I've applied the patch for OpenCore 0.6.8 and am using it myself, but I haven't uploaded it here yet. I'll try and do that later today.

Ok, cool, thanks for the info, yeah, I only did a testing RAM overclock, from 3200 to 3466 and when entering BIOS and safe it, that't what pops-up when saving.

All the drives are APFS formatted. HFS will work when OS is loaded I guess ? Just not in OC if 'ConnectDrivers=false'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back