Contribute
Register

Gigabyte X299X - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I meant from the on-board card, if I don't inject the kext that are needed for them, I guess it's more then enough ? Or an exclude is always needed

Or just physically remove the on-board card.
Yeah, I meant from the on-board card, if I don't inject the kext that are needed for them, I guess it's more then enough ? Or an exclude is always needed

The onboard Bluetooth will still show up in macOS as a BT device even without kexts, it just won't have any firmware loaded (usually anyway - sometimes rebooting from Windows into macOS can preserve the firmware for a while) and therefore will be non-functional. macOS will show that it has Bluetooth, but it won't find any devices.

So as LeleTuratti is saying that the presence of the Intel BT device breaks Broadcom BT, that means that not loading the kexts wouldn't be enough, and you'd need to hide the USB BT device by leaving it out of the USB map.

That's a trivially easy thing to do though. You want to have a USB map in all scenarios, so it's just a case of deselecting one USB port from that map.

mmm, ok, is there an option to go with a native supported Broadcom card for this slot ?

Sorry for all these basic questions.
But I want to build this to be just good enough

Now I asked my local PC Hardware reseller what AIO they suggested for going with an i9-10980XE.
They suggested this one: Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT
But when looking into it, it is fully controlled via their iCUE software, so I guess this isn't a good choice for an Hackint0sh build.

Then for RAM, I was thinking to go for this kit:
VENGEANCE® LPX 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16

Here's the original message quote.

I want to add that, with this card and macOS installed and my BT keyboard/touchpad are paired, both keyboard and touchpad work in BIOS. Comes handy when I see that dreaded BIOS error.
The link is to the US Amazon; it might not be available elsewhere. Try removing everything after ? (question mark)
Or just try searching for
"
Plug & Play Hackintosh WiFi M.2 NGFF Adapter BCM94360NG 802.11ac Bluetooth 4.0 WiFi Card for PC Catalina macOS Native for macOS AirDrop Continuity Handoff Better BCM94352Z DW1560 Support Intel NUC
"
This card works for me without any problems. Fully compatible replacement.
No need to install any drivers, supporting kexts or SSDTs.
It's a bit dated compared to Intel, but unlike Intel card the motherboard comes with, it just works.
Both BT and WiFi work.

WiFi might not be super fast as reported by Network Utility App, but I don't really care about WiFi, I have 10GbE switch :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083YXS7VF/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Hi, you're link isn't working anymore...

The VCCSA issue is different: when the VCCSA voltage setting is changed from Auto, to for example 1.250V, this setting gets ignored whenever a shutdown or sleep/wake is done. It happens after both Windows and macOS shutdown.

After a full shutdown (but not restart), the BIOS setting still says 1.250V (or whatever), but VCCSA is actually running back at 0.9V. This is visible both in the BIOS (VCCSA is one of the values shown in the top right of each BIOS screen), and via any hardware monitoring software like HWInfo in Windows or HWMonitorSMC2 in macOS (there it will show up as 'VIN5').

When the issue occurs, VCCSA will show up as 0.9V instead of the value you set it to. I'm not 100% sure if this means it's actually 0.9V, or whether it's back to Auto.

In order to get it to re-apply, the user must change VCCSA to a different value (eg 1.245V) and then F10 in the BIOS. But it will only stay applied until the next shutdown or sleep/wake.

I used to have a tedious but effective solution for this: every time I did a cold boot, I'd go into the BIOS and flip the value between 1.250V and 1.245V (or vice versa), then F10 and boot normally. But more recently I've started making use of regular sleep and wake, which breaks that workaround because VCCSA also goes back to Auto (or 0.9V) when the system wakes from sleep.
Hi @TheBloke, the new beta bios fix this bug?
I didn't notice this because I didn't touch these settings for my overclock (limited to 4.7GHz for now).

There's a ton of info on this in CaseySJ's Z490 thread, so that would be the best place to look/ask to find out the finer details of TB firmware flashing.
As for the Thunderbolt: I learned that flashing the firmware does not make any improvements in terms of speed and latency. So in my case I decided to keep it original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back