Contribute
Register

Gigabyte X299X - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in need of some help regarding finding the RTC regions causing BIOS reset on the X299X Aorus Master. I have contact with Gigabyte Taiwan and they are willing to provide a custom BIOS but need to know this:

“ Could you ask customer to clarify “CMOS reset from ACPI RTC table” and which part should be customized to meet the requirement? Mac OS (Catalina) is not officially validated on these platforms so customer might have to come out the specific configuration ”

I'm already trying to find the regions with OpenCore in combination with RTCMemoryFixup kext and these boot flags: rtcfx_exclude=00-FF This looks somehow to do something as now I have system clock warnings not correct. But how to find the exact RTC regions causing CMOS reset or boot failures?

You've read this, right? https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/misc/rtc.html#finding-our-bad-rtc-region

The idea is to do a binary search. It sounds like you're saying that even with the full range 00-FF specified, the BIOS reset symptom doesn't go away? That procedure's not going to work, then.

I've been watching this thread for a little while, now, but let me know if there's some part of this I missed.
Yes I know this part and am testing it from fresh start. As sometimes you don't even know where you've started and stopt. I will update if I find solution or others.

Hello,

Did someone find a fix for boot failure on Gigabyte x299x Aorus Master ?
With Clover, everything work fine excepted Aquantia ethernet and boot failure that is very annoying.

I'm on mojave. Not sure if you figured it out, but I have sleep working with the EFI i posted earlier.
Hey @robdaghost! I'm glad to read that you'Ve managed to get sleep to work. Which OC version are you using? It's not 0.6.0, right?
@teosoft I try to achieve the same as you: Sleep is kind of important for me. I tried the dolgerran configuration but it does not work for me. I got a pretty stable 0.6 with thunderbolt and ethernet, but got stuck on sleep. What did you try?

@Dogman I didn't get to troubleshooting sleep yet, aside from deleting the power management plist, which, as I expected, didn't change anything.
For now, when I select Sleep from Apple menu, nothing happens, aside for display put to sleep.
Otherwise everything is very stable, TB shows up, too. I'm on OC 0.6.0

I also have problems with sound. Making a separate post describing them.

Hey @robdaghost! I'm glad to read that you'Ve managed to get sleep to work. Which OC version are you using? It's not 0.6.0, right?
@teosoft I try to achieve the same as you: Sleep is kind of important for me. I tried the dolgerran configuration but it does not work for me. I got a pretty stable 0.6 with thunderbolt and ethernet, but got stuck on sleep. What did you try?

I have problems with sound. When I connect a monitor to HDMI port of my RX 5700 XT, it works at first, but then becomes distorted. Adding a RX 580 as a second card (or the only card) and connecting the same monitor to HDMI plays sound flawlessly.
Also when I connect my analog speakers to the Line Out on the motherboard, which corresponds to "Internal Speakers" the sound is distorted with 5700 XT.
Didn't look into it yet, using the OP configuration for sound, untouched. OC 0.6.0

@Dogman I didn't get to troubleshooting sleep yet, aside from deleting the power management plist, which, as I expected, didn't change anything.
For now, when I select Sleep from Apple menu, nothing happens, aside for display put to sleep.
Otherwise everything is very stable, TB shows up, too. I'm on OC 0.6.0

I also have problems with sound. Making a separate post describing them.
I checked all tips on the OpenCore Fixing Sleep Guide. I created a new USBMap.kext with all USB ports set up. I added the SSDT-USBX.aml and even disabled thunderbolt. My system goes to sleep but does not wake. I searched a lot but I could not find a log file, which would provide more info on the crash :/
Have you tried the guide above? If you find anything, message me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back