Contribute
Register

Gigabyte X299X - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have X299X Aorus Master with 9820X, could you share your bios config and EFI?
I can help with more testing and optimizations.

In case anyone is interested I have X299X Aorus Master up and running with OpenCore 0.6.0.
No reboots nor BIOS resets and with the Intel i9 Extreme 10980XE X 18-Core this machine is fast.
Boot is a bit slower then I am used to but no problem for me at all.

Oh and this is the first time I ever used OpenCore and I must say I'm impressed!

If anyone need EFI or BIOS settings? just ask!

Thanks all for input and research and tips.

Hi, I have BIOS setting saved to USB flash-drive so the files in the "Gigabyte X299X Aorus Master BIOS files.zip" can be loaded in the BIOS easily. I have one for BIOS F2 and one for BIOS F3.

In the "No Gui.zip" is OpenCore 0.6.0 EFI with Smbios MacPro7.1
Audio works but you gave to use the lower minijack at the rear, in systemprefs it says "Headphone" but that is just cosmetics.
The onboard WIFI/BT does not work as aspected as they are Intel but I don't need that. Same is for the Aquantia Ethernet not working. Sleep I don't use nor test as this machine is build for hard working.

All these files are for "Gigabyte X299X Aorus Master" with BIOS F2 or F3 and "Intel i9 Extreme 10980XE X 18-Core" and "AMD RX 5700X 8 GB".

So if you have different CPU adjust "TSCAdjustReset.kext" to meet your cores.

Feel free to adjust anything and share your results please so others can reuse it.

Happy Hacking!

Attachments

• No GUI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 60
  • Gigabyte X299X Aorus Master BIOS files.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 60
Which version of Catalina did you install? I can't get 10.15.6 installed with the EFI and BIOS settings in the post. Thank you!

Hi, I have BIOS setting saved to USB flash-drive so the files in the "Gigabyte X299X Aorus Master BIOS files.zip" can be loaded in the BIOS easily. I have one for BIOS F2 and one for BIOS F3.

In the "No Gui.zip" is OpenCore 0.6.0 EFI with Smbios MacPro7.1
Audio works but you gave to use the lower minijack at the rear, in systemprefs it says "Headphone" but that is just cosmetics.
The onboard WIFI/BT does not work as aspected as they are Intel but I don't need that. Same is for the Aquantia Ethernet not working. Sleep I don't use nor test as this machine is build for hard working.

All these files are for "Gigabyte X299X Aorus Master" with BIOS F2 or F3 and "Intel i9 Extreme 10980XE X 18-Core" and "AMD RX 5700X 8 GB".

So if you have different CPU adjust "TSCAdjustReset.kext" to meet your cores.

Feel free to adjust anything and share your results please so others can reuse it.

Happy Hacking!

Sorry. It is 10.15.6

Which usb port are you using to install?
I have i9 9820x which is 10 core and I set ‘the number’ to 19.
That should be it I thought...
I tried both F2 and F3c, neither works...

Sorry. It is 10.15.6

I guess you did not check the config file? I have enabled at NVRAM section - Quirks - XhciPortLimit to yes and disabled my SSDT-UIAC-ALL.aml at the ACPI section as that could be the culprit. Try this config file.

And try USB-2 and USB-3 ports for the USB installer.

Attachments

• config.plist
    22.1 KB · Views: 52
Or if you have a Mac install Catalina on a external SSD and add OC to it and boot.

Will give a try. Many thanks!

I guess you did not check the config file? I have enabled at NVRAM section - Quirks - XhciPortLimit to yes and disabled my SSDT-UIAC-ALL.aml at the ACPI section as that could be the culprit. Try this config file.

And try USB-2 and USB-3 ports for the USB installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back