Contribute
Register

Gigabyte X299X - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was also wondering if the PCIe slot matters in relation to the SSDT. In other words, is it possible to move cards to a different slot after installation is completed.

Yes no problem at all (as far as I know). I have my Radeon in Slot 2 for clear airflow. I edited dogarrenan's SSDT in order to write just Radeon instead of Radeon 5700 XT (I don't remember now which gpu was).

Also follow this post of Ellybz to change the system information of PCIe devices. Very easy and well explained.

@dolgarrenan @beltzak I got stuck on

SMCRTC: cannot read PMU offset from SMC
SMCRTC: stop.

Thread search does not find anything about it.
/AppleInternal/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleSMCRTC-16/AppleSMCRTC.cpp, line: 539, value: 0

I'm using dolgarrenan's EFI for OpenCore as attached.

cannot-read-pmu-smc.jpg

Last edited:
@dolgarrenan @beltzak I got stuck on

SMCRTC: cannot read PMU offset from SMC
SMCRTC: stop.

I don't know if it is this but let's give a shot.

VT-D disabled in Bios. Be careful to use my bios settings and others config because if I remember correctly dolgarrenan's config.plist has disableIoMapper set to NO. So even if I have VT-D enabled in my bios settings I disable it thought the config.plist.
  • DisableIoMapper: YES
    • Needed to get around VT-D if either unable to disable in BIOS or needed for other operating systems, much better alternative to dart=0 as SIP can stay on in Catalina

I am not able to put my build in sleep. The only thing that goes to sleep is the monitor.

I tried all the issues https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/sleep.html#preparations

Mapped USB, tried the gpu 4k monitor (went to black screen), disabled thunderbolt, wake on lan.

The only rare thing is that I have my gpu in slot2 and it's a radeon vii. Never had sleep working in my setup. Neither the original @dolgarrenan EFI nor AiBeast. Could be my keyboard or mouse?

I am out of ideas.

I am not able to put my build in sleep. The only thing that goes to sleep is the monitor.

I tried all the issues https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/sleep.html#preparations

Mapped USB, tried the gpu 4k monitor (went to black screen), disabled thunderbolt, wake on lan.

The only rare thing is that I have my gpu in slot2 and it's a radeon vii. Never had sleep working in my setup. Neither the original @dolgarrenan EFI nor AiBeast. Could be my keyboard or mouse?

I am out of ideas.
You need to see what prevents your hack from sleeping:
in Terminal:
pmset -g assertions
you can also try:
pmset -g log

All my GA Mobos had/have Sleep working properly, in every OS (HS, Mojave, Catalina & now Big Sur ). You should be able to do so even with X299X.
Post your log & IOReg if you can't locate the issue, I'll look at it if you're not in a hurry, Lol.
PS: Very often it is due to a USB port.

Last edited:
any update on those board ? still with clover
OC does not work for me
i try kext for ethernet 225 from Z490 not working
Do you have BIOS settings for X299X Aorus Master ?

Thanks, I have Samsung Pro M.2. and I can boot easely with Clover. Only problem is after reboot CMOS reset. And yes I believe this is BIOS related, specially CPU settings are crucial. OS is writing in RTC spaces somehow causing the BIOS reset. So I have edited DSDT the RTC part but I keep getting an error on compiling.

Bios I have F2 and F3c. Currently on F2 back.

In this part:
Scope (_SB)
{
Device (ARTC)
{
Name (_HID, "ACPI000E") // _HID: Hardware ID
Name (WAST, 0x00)
Name (WTTR, 0x00)
Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized) // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
{
Return (GPRW (0x72, 0x04))
}

Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized) // _STA: Status
{
If (LOr (0xFF, 0xFFFF))
{
Zero
Return (0x0F)
}
Else
{
Return (0x00)
}
}

Method (_GCP, 0, NotSerialized) // _GCP: Get Capabilities
{
Return (0x35)
}

I get this error: syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_RETURN

At RTC I have changed this:
Device (RTC)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00")) // _HID: Hardware ID
Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate () // _CRS: Current Resource Settings
{
IO (Decode16,
0x0070, // Range Minimum
0x0070, // Range Maximum
0x01, // Alignment
0x02, // Length
)
IO (Decode16,
0x0074, // Range Minimum
0x0074, // Range Maximum
0x01, // Alignment
0x04, // Length
)
IRQNoFlags ()
{8}
})
{
If (LEqual (STAS, 0x01))
{
Return (0x0F)
}
Else
{
Return (0x00)
}
}
}
To this:
Device (RTC)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00") /* AT Real-Time Clock */) // _HID: Hardware ID
Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate () // _CRS: Current Resource Settings
{
IO (Decode16,
0x0070, // Range Minimum
0x0070, // Range Maximum
0x01, // Alignment
0x08, // Length
)
IRQNoFlags ()
{8}
})
{
If ((STAS == One))
{
Return (0x0F)
}
Else
{
Return (Zero)
}
}
}

My hope is that if DSDT RTC part works the BIOS reset is gone.

Great Thanks!
Most important is also BIOS setting en version of BIOS.
So if you have some time to save these setting as a File from the BIOS and put it here I and others can use that to adjust BIOS easy.

Else if you can't save the BIOS setting to a file can you make some screenshots ?

Why you have <integer>30</integer> in the TCAdjustReset.kext? You have a 10-core and should be 10 times 2 minus 1 is 19. Just curious.

In case anyone is interested I have X299X Aorus Master up and running with OpenCore 0.6.0.
No reboots nor BIOS resets and with the Intel i9 Extreme 10980XE X 18-Core this machine is fast.
Boot is a bit slower then I am used to but no problem for me at all.

Oh and this is the first time I ever used OpenCore and I must say I'm impressed!

If anyone need EFI or BIOS settings? just ask!

Thanks all for input and research and tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back