Contribute
Register

Gigabyte X299X - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, i did not do it because I though you already have checked as you have successfully booted with OpenCore.

It's a several part guide. The one we need is the Intel USB Mapping.

Intel : https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/intel-mapping/intel.html

This is the old Rehabman guide:
Create your own SSDT:

About the Thunderbolt issue yes, there are 2 Gigabyte models, at least here in spain. I think both could be patched but this matter I am not the indicated as I have not test myself and I don't know what works and what not.
I have tried having two TB controllers (I actually tried 3) on the board and it worked no probs, but of course I firmware flashed both (on board and Titan Ridge PCIe AIC cards) with custom CR8, with 0, 1 and 2 bus for the OS to recognize the controllers, besides I had to jump wire pins 3 and 5 from TR AIC cards in order to "turn-it-on", otherwise we would need the TB header which if your board has on board Thunderbolt, won't have the header.

Can be done, but you need to get dirty if you want that kind of thing ;)

Hi @dolgarrenan,

Thank you for the hard work on this! I just bought hardware identical to yours, going to follow your instructions when I receive it. A TB3 programming question:

Does the CH341A Programmer need to be modified to program TB3 firmware, per the link to the @CaseySJ mini-guide?

Here is a link to the great SPI CH341 mini-guide from @CaseySJ for deeper understanding and useful info.

If the Winbond chip uses 3.3v signals, unmodified CH341A might kill it.

Hi @dolgarrenan,

Thank you for the hard work on this! I just bought hardware identical to yours, going to follow your instructions when I receive it. A TB3 programming question:

Does the CH341A Programmer need to be modified to program TB3 firmware, per the link to the @CaseySJ mini-guide?

Fortunately for me, this kit from the USA Amazon has a 3.3/5v jumper and I don't need to make any mods:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SHSL9X9/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Gogeta-Blue

I hope this posts can help you both. You should keep reading the posts afterward because they may have better EFI or fixed some issues.

Check this posts:

This seems the best choice:

Hi @dolgarrenan,

Fortunately for me, this kit from the USA Amazon has a 3.3/5v jumper and I don't need to make any mods:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SHSL9X9/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
@teosoft,

I'm not sure whether that particular CH341a programmer applies 3.3V to Vcc. Most of these programmers supply 3.3V to MISO, MOSI, etc. but not to Vcc.

But this item does supply 3.3V to Vcc via an on-board jumper. I received a unit yesterday, but have been preoccupied with Big Sur Public Beta so haven't tried it yet. Raspberry Pi models 3 and 4 (both "A" and "B") provide 3.3V with no trouble.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MPY65JN/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 4.05.48 PM.png

Finally I got OC 0.6.0 working from "scratch" ;) If we don't take all the ACPI patches and SSDT in mind ;P

Need to tweak some things , like all dolgarrenan thunderbolt PCIe devices and add my "cosmetic" devices ;)

Next level ... go Big Sur ;)

Attachments

• Clean EFI.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 95
Awesome! Can you also post your BIOS settings? Which BIOS version you're using? Some more details about your hardware?

Finally I got OC 0.6.0 working from "scratch" ;) If we don't take all the ACPI patches and SSDT in mind ;P

Need to tweak some things , like all dolgarrenan thunderbolt PCIe devices and add my "cosmetic" devices ;)

Next level ... go Big Sur ;)

Last edited:
I think this picture covers pretty much everything. I uploaded the profile just in case.
Hardware is already in my signature. 2 NMVe, 2 SSD and 1 HDD. So no big deal.
SO: macOS Catalina. No windows.

Bios F3c.
IMG_3063.jpeg

Attachments

• GBDesi10gBios.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 61
Thank you, @beltzak. I have nearly the same hardware as you and @dolgarrenan, except that I'm planning to use RX580 for install. Can't get the Radeon VII anymore, most likely will end up with RX 5700 XT.
I was also wondering if the PCIe slot matters in relation to the SSDT. In other words, is it possible to move cards to a different slot after installation is completed. Most of my experience is with Clover and limited desktop type hardware, where there isn't much room for moving the cards around. I suppose Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts take care of that.

I think this picture covers pretty much everything. I uploaded the profile just in case.
Hardware is already in my signature. 2 NMVe, 2 SSD and 1 HDD. So no big deal.
SO: macOS Catalina. No windows.

Bios F3c.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back