Gigabyte x299x Aorus Master
is good for hackintosh ?

thank you

PRIME X299-DELUXE ?
PRIME X299-DELUXE II ?

PRIME X299-DELUXE ?
PRIME X299-DELUXE II ?
I believe both have information for Hackintosh, but I would get the Deluxe ii
It has a better vrm and thunderbolt natively in the i/o shield. Follow the x299 KPG guide. Good luck!

Hey guys!

I just started to configure my Gigabyte X299X Designare 10G and flashed the Thunderbolt EEPROM with the file from the 1st post:
Now we can finally move to flashing the modified firmware, download, unzip and place the .bin somewhere comfortable for easy access.

Afterwards I open the SSDT-X299X-DESIGNARE10G-THUNDERBOLT-SIMPLIFIED edited the five values, recalculated the checksum and added the aml to my config.plist

Unfortunately, I get this error message while booting the system:
Code:
Thunderbolt 255 PCI - LS=0x7043 LC=0x0040 SS=0x0050 SC=0x0008 PMCSR=0x0000...
[PCI configuration end, bridge 19, device 125]
IOThunderboltSwitch<0>(0x0)::listenerCallback - Thunderbolt HPD packet for route = 0x0 port = 5 unplug = 0
IOThunderboltSwitch<0>(0x0)::listenerCallback - Thunderbolt HPD packet for route = 0x0 port = 6 unplug = 0
IOThunderboltEEPROM::getDROM - Error getting DROM from I/O Resistry (0xe00002be)

What did I miss?
Thanks!

Hey guys!

I just started to configure my Gigabyte X299X Designare 10G and flashed the Thunderbolt EEPROM with the file from the 1st post:

Afterwards I open the SSDT-X299X-DESIGNARE10G-THUNDERBOLT-SIMPLIFIED edited the five values, recalculated the checksum and added the aml to my config.plist

Code:
IOThunderboltSwitch<0>(0x0)::listenerCallback - Thunderbolt HPD packet for route = 0x0 port = 5 unplug = 0
IOThunderboltSwitch<0>(0x0)::listenerCallback - Thunderbolt HPD packet for route = 0x0 port = 6 unplug = 0
IOThunderboltEEPROM::getDROM - Error getting DROM from I/O Resistry (0xe00002be)

What did I miss?
Thanks!
Is this motherboard really that difficult to get mac OS running and can you give a short guide on how you approached the hack....thanks....and hope you get thunderbolt working as I'm interested in building this for my Universal Audio thunderbolt interfaces.

you will have more consumer with Z490
Which model exactly is confirmed today

EDIT: forget, apparently 10980XE is not compatible with Z490 chipset ...

Last edited:
Hey guys!

Code:

What did I miss?
Thanks!
You should be good to go with the files provided... Let's see:
Code:
Are you using SSDT-RTC0.aml from first post?

Are you on OC? Have you enabled Aboge4G decoding in BIOS? Perhaps (based on your hardware) you should activate "IncreasePciBarSize" under Kernel/Quirks..

IOThunderboltSwitch<0>(0x0)::listenerCallback - Thunderbolt HPD packet for route = 0x0 port = 5 unplug = 0 IOThunderboltSwitch<0>(0x0)::listenerCallback - Thunderbolt HPD packet for route = 0x0 port = 6 unplug = 0 IOThunderboltEEPROM::getDROM - Error getting DROM from I/O Resistry (0xe00002be)
Are you certain you have correctly done the byte changes...? Try with the original file just for testing.

Remember to do a "CleanNVRam" after making changes to your ACPI tables. You haven't been switching from OC to Clover right?

@tutu13 , to answer your questions all I can say is that almost any board can be used for a hackintosh, it all comes down to your skills, well, more your reading and comprehension skills. Everyone starts at the bottom and learns as they go.

I think you should go with whatever hardware you fancy the most, going for a HEDT is a bit redundant at the moment, new 10000 series CPU (e: i7 10700K) for consumer are improving a lot if you ask me and prices are more or less okay.

If you are undecided and are not very skill full I'd suggest going with a "Z" series, perhaps are easier to handle and because they are more "pocket friendly" the community has more content on it. Us lovers of the difficult are a rare breed that likes to kill their brains trying to make things work as intended.

But here are my two recommendations for HEDT: X299X Designare 10G (hard cookie to crack) and X299 ASRock Creator, a little easier but not problem free.

On "Z" chipsets you have plenty to chose, is only limited by your budget.

Do a little research, see successful posts from other users, don't just ask what to buy, I don't see the point in buying parts for a build if you don't search for what you actually need, others might get offended if they only see basic questions with no background done and might just not answer any of your questions.

@tutu13 , to answer your questions all I can say is that almost any board can be used for a hackintosh, it all comes down to your skills, well, more your reading and comprehension skills. Everyone starts at the bottom and learns as they go.

I think you should go with whatever hardware you fancy the most, going for a HEDT is a bit redundant at the moment, new 10000 series CPU (e: i7 10700K) for consumer are improving a lot if you ask me and prices are more or less okay.

If you are undecided and are not very skill full I'd suggest going with a "Z" series, perhaps are easier to handle and because they are more "pocket friendly" the community has more content on it. Us lovers of the difficult are a rare breed that likes to kill their brains trying to make things work as intended.

But here are my two recommendations for HEDT: X299X Designare 10G (hard cookie to crack) and X299 ASRock Creator, a little easier but not problem free.

On "Z" chipsets you have plenty to chose, is only limited by your budget.

Do a little research, see successful posts from other users, don't just ask what to buy, I don't see the point in buying parts for a build if you don't search for what you actually need, others might get offended if they only see basic questions with no background done and might just not answer any of your questions.
Firm but fair and well said...took me a week to figure out my Asus z390 Maximus Xi Extreme when it was just a month into the release, feeling phrisky to try the X299 Prime Edition 30 ..Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back