Contribute
Register

Gigabyte X299X - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything woking except sleep and boot failures (but that's not a big deal) just enter bios and boot your mac drive. App attached to work like native brightness and volume on your keyboards (non mac also). Another good app to create a real working Recovery HD (Command+R) just shows up as a boot option in your bootloader.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.6 MB · Views: 100
  • MonitorControl.app.zip
    13.1 MB · Views: 79
  • Catalina Recovery HD Partition.app.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Hi

I suggest
Please someone create a new thread just for the X299X Aorus Master

Thanks

well with the x299x boards plus clover = boot failure everytime. That’s the only way I can get to the boot loader, to even load OS X. Sleep needs to be fixed so updating can be native.

There are also more ways. Coincidentally, I connect the external hard drive to the USB Gen2 C-type port and there is no bios error. and you can use XMP profile1. I haven't tried it with another external hard drive. I am using Samsung SSD 1Tb external hard drive. Try another external hard drive or a high-capacity USB.

Attachments

• 스크린샷 2020-05-28 오후 6.09.07.png
    스크린샷 2020-05-28 오후 6.09.07.png
    933.3 KB · Views: 84
I know, I have been real busy with work and this whole covid ordeal, my country has severely implemented rules for social distancing and I eventually have more real life work than usual, so less time to post here.

Tbh I have not experienced this with TB displays, I do not own one. I can tell you that I have tried several other devices included an Apollo x8, Apollo twin, TB1 HDD with TB3 adapter, a Razer Core X eGPU I own and Thunderbolt external drive to a MacBook Pro 16,1 over TB3 with no issues.
I have to say that I first had to connect the eGPU on cold boot to be recognized correctly, then I could just HotPlug no probs.

Have you set the SSDT correctly with DROM parameters and so? What can you see on port7 for TB on device tree (use ioreg)? Can you show a screen capture of your Thunderbolt section in system profiler?

I'm always happy when I get your answer. After looking at the guide, I created a unique number for the DROM and entered it into the SSDT after CRC-8 Check-sum. All the other Thunderbolt features, including hotplug, work surprisingly well. However, it does not seem to be able to receive two Displayport inputs and convert them to 5k with one Thunderbolt output terminal. I am using LG 34WK95U 5K monitor 5140x2160 resolution. Currently, it does not function, so I use SwitchResX to force it to use 5140x2160 45Hz. If you have time, please find a way to use the better Thunderbolt.

Attachments

• 스크린샷 2020-05-28 오후 6.15.46.png
    스크린샷 2020-05-28 오후 6.15.46.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 스크린샷 2020-05-28 오후 6.16.16.png
    스크린샷 2020-05-28 오후 6.16.16.png
    141.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 스크린샷 2020-05-28 오후 6.17.01.png
    스크린샷 2020-05-28 오후 6.17.01.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 64
Has anyone come up with a solution for sleep? With all this corona going on you would think people would have more time to support the movement.
Unfortunately some of us have even more work with COVID still running, let me tell you that sleep has never been a strong point of hackintosh in general, I have no problems with sleep at the moment, can you check if your NVRAM is properly working? Are you on OC or clover? Also bear in mind the terrible work at Gigabyte with the new X299X boards and their acpi implementation.

NOTE:
Code:
sudo -s
sudo nvram -c
sudo nvram myvar=test
exit
Reboot and then run:
Code:
nvram -p | grep -i myvar
If nothing returns then your NVRAM is not working most likely
Hi

I suggest
Please someone create a new thread just for the X299X Aorus Master

Thanks
You could do that yourself if you are so inclined to, I don't see why not, but let me just advise you out of some time I've been around that it will not solve your issues, whatever they are, it will only make your post less visible if. It is always better not to clutter up the site (slower loading and so), that's just my honest opinion.

This post is not a "guide" is a post for users of Gigabyte X299X boards, for their problems and achievements

I'm very much stuck folks. I have tried OC 0.5.6 as suggested as well as really everything else, including trying Clover. Every single time I boot to my USB stick I get a menu, then in about 5 seconds the computer restarts. Doesn't matter what my BIOS is set up like, I've tried everything from Default to changing every setting recommended, never any difference. I'm pulling my hair out. Here are my EFI files and some images of what's happening with OC. Any advice would be appreciated.

I build all the SSDTs using the guide on Github and I'm sure I followed all the steps, I'm really just lost now.

I've only ever gotten past this point using the NDK 0.5.9 posted in the X299 thread by Ellybz, but that just gets to the Apple logo and hangs.

Attachments

• 0.5.6 EFI.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_7138.jpg
    IMG_7138.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 63
  • DSDT.aml
    264.8 KB · Views: 58
Unfortunately some of us have even more work with COVID still running, let me tell you that sleep has never been a strong point of hackintosh in general, I have no problems with sleep at the moment, can you check if your NVRAM is properly working? Are you on OC or clover? Also bear in mind the terrible work at Gigabyte with the new X299X boards and their acpi implementation.

NOTE:
Code:
sudo -s
sudo nvram -c
sudo nvram myvar=test
exit
Reboot and then run:
Code:
nvram -p | grep -i myvar
If nothing returns then your NVRAM is not working most likely

You could do that yourself if you are so inclined to, I don't see why not, but let me just advise you out of some time I've been around that it will not solve your issues, whatever they are, it will only make your post less visible if. It is always better not to clutter up the site (slower loading and so), that's just my honest opinion.

This post is not a "guide" is a post for users of Gigabyte X299X boards, for their problems and achievements
Oh I get it! I run 6 businesses solo, so I get that. But with the sleep issue it’s not a huge issue but with my master it is fully native. It can sleep, wake, update like a regular Mac. But I believe the ACPI needs A LOT more work (delete unused etc would need to be use with a full DSDT). That’s pretty much the last part to making this damn near fully functional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back