Contribute
Register

Gigabyte X299X - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
But have you tried what I mentioned???
No. I haven´t the boards anymore, they now live as W10P-maschines ;-)
The only CLX board I have at the moment is located at the german coder, I think I donate it to him.

Not very specific on their website about what's changed, but who knows.. Perhaps they just disable MSR lock register like GB does
Yes, we don´t know, but I´m very curious about it.

No. I haven´t the boards anymore, they now live as W10P-maschines ;-)
The only CLX board I have at the moment is located at the german coder, I think I donate it to him.

Yes, we don´t know, but I´m very curious about it.
Shame you don't have it anymore, you could have tried to unlock MSR with UEFIPatch.

@dolgarrenan

Many thanks! This is my first Hackintosh. I've read thousands of messages and tried hundreds of ways to install CATALINA OSX on my Gigabyte X299 Aorus Game 3 but all of them failed. I was about to let it down when finally you saved me with your EFI!

Everything is not yet perfect but at least I can boot on the SSD and get in the Catalina desktop.

Now if I want to get better video performance I have to sell my GTX1080 and to look something similar on ATI side. If I understood correctly Vega64 looks the best value for money and obo compatible.

Thanks again @dolgarrenan

Screenshot 2020-02-22 at 09.14.21.png

I had hope after following this tutorial because the system info displays my NVIDIA GTX 1080 with 8 GB !
Unfortunately a lot of display lags remains...

Do yo know if I can keep the hope to make it work properly or should I sell it and Buy Vega 64 ?

View attachment 451213
I had hope after following this tutorial because the system info displays my NVIDIA GTX 1080 with 8 GB !

Do yo know if I can keep the hope to make it work properly or should I sell it and Buy Vega 64 ?
your Nvidia card is not supported on Mojave or Catalina

Hi guys! I've been a bit ill this week and have not been in front of my computer.

Certainly trying to run a GTX1080 on Catalina or Mojave is a mission, but a guaranteed failure one... Apple has NVIDIA on their black list and doesn't seem to be changing their mind, shame on them and a disaster for the community, but that's how it is.

I wouldn't go for a Vega64, they were very noisy, temperatures where a mess and overall performance wasn't that great, only good bit about them was their HBM2 memory modules (hence the hefty price for what they actually are), I would better go with a newer boy in the block aka 5000 series.

What is it that you need your GFX for?

Hi guys! I've been a bit ill this week and have not been in front of my computer.

Certainly trying to run a GTX1080 on Catalina or Mojave is a mission, but a guaranteed failure one... Apple has NVIDIA on their black list and doesn't seem to be changing their mind, shame on them and a disaster for the community, but that's how it is.

I wouldn't go for a Vega64, they were very noisy, temperatures where a mess and overall performance wasn't that great, only good bit about them was their HBM2 memory modules (hence the hefty price for what they actually are), I would better go with a newer boy in the block aka 5000 series.

What is it that you need your GFX for?

Thanks a lot for taking time to answer

Thanks for the advice, I agree I was targeted the RX5700 for 450€ when I found a used Vega 64 for 200€ so I decided to save 250€ ;)

I will use it mainly for Photoshop and Premiere editing

I received the Vega 64 today and every lags gone :)
I benchmark this Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 3 with i9-7920x and the Vega 64.
The results are not so bad :)

Thanks everybody for your precious help

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-02-25 at 08.17.30.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-25 at 08.17.30.png
    93.1 KB · Views: 80
Many thanks a Gurus! Last December decided to try WinPC (x299x des 10g, 10900X, RadeonVII) for Resolve 16. After my previous "workstation" MacBookPro2018+eGPU RadeonVII - It is faster but unstable. Tried dolgarrenanEFI and after few changes in BIOS settings, including “disable block sid=enable” Catalina started! Viva dolgarrenan! 10G with providex kext work too! Resolve 16 looks stable.

Attachments

• 6CED392A-18B3-46AF-95DC-80C2E49005C7.jpeg
    6CED392A-18B3-46AF-95DC-80C2E49005C7.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 101
  • 0FB3BF27-F76D-4ABF-A7A4-455DEF2E06BD.jpeg
    0FB3BF27-F76D-4ABF-A7A4-455DEF2E06BD.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 103
  • 84F41DE8-4907-4FEC-B944-9D0437D713D3.jpeg
    84F41DE8-4907-4FEC-B944-9D0437D713D3.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Status