Contribute
Register

Gigabyte X299X - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
@taylorsyn
Just add the device properties below, much faster than fixing SSDTs. The first XHCI controller is not from Asmedia but Intel Corp.
Best wishes for 2020. Still retired ;)
PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x14,0x0)
Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 10.24.50 PM.png

Last edited:
Hi Loloflatsix I was wondering which SSDT are you using for the thunderbolt?

Also I am using Ellbyz OC EFI Folder but I have one issue I do not see the SSDT-X299-XHCI.aml as loaded however the SSDT-X299-XHCI II & III are loaded but not the first one do you See three devices for ASMEDIA in your PCI Devices in System InformationView attachment 445334

I'm very busy these days and I don't have much time to log in here but I will share you later this week end my SSDT for thunderbolt ;)

@taylorsyn
Just add the device properties below, much faster than fixing SSDTs. The first XHCI controller is not from Asmedia but Intel Corp.
Best wishes for 2020. Still retired ;)
PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x14,0x0)
View attachment 445359
This is sweet, I didn't even know about this until now! Thanks @Ellybz. Love it if you can share an updated config.plist and ACPI folder.

I'm very busy these days and I don't have much time to log in here but I will share you later this week end my SSDT for thunderbolt ;)
@Loloflatsix thanks! I successfully have sleep and filevault 2 working but strangely I cannot boot into the recovery partition. Are you able to boot into Recovery with OpenCore?

For anyone with trouble booting the X299X Designare-10G, the solution to the Thunderbolt related problem is following:

Code:
            <key>Patches</key>
            <array>
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>X299X-DSDT-RTC-Patch</string>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>oAuTU1RBUwo=</data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>oAqRCv8L//8=</data>
                </dict>

By 紫米 from another forum.

PS: The shutdown bug in, I assume, Clover is still there. I didn't test what OP said, but I can confirm that my system restarts half the time 2-3 seconds into Clover GUI. It then goes bonkers and does a Gigabyte BIOS reset warning (can be ignored by entering BIOS -> Exit w/ or w/o Saving), and changes the BIOS language to French. There is no workaround afaik, except for restart and retry.

Last edited:
For anyone with trouble booting the X299X Designare-10G, the solution to the Thunderbolt related problem is following:

Code:
            <key>Patches</key>
            <array>
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>X299X-DSDT-RTC-Patch</string>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>oAuTU1RBUwo=</data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>oAqRCv8L//8=</data>
                </dict>

By 紫米 from another forum.

PS: The shutdown bug in, I assume, Clover is still there. I didn't test what OP said, but I can confirm that my system restarts half the time 2-3 seconds into Clover GUI. It then goes bonkers and does a Gigabyte BIOS reset warning (can be ignored by entering BIOS -> Exit w/ or w/o Saving), and changes the BIOS language to French. There is no workaround afaik, except for restart and retry.
Hello! Just been back from a long working trip! Was just about to post this exact same code I found also on another site lol.

I'm not experiencing this issue, could you please post your EFI so we can compare configs? I do have tho a minor problem with aptiofix since one out of five starts gives me memory reallocating problems.

Note: After changing Subsystem ID to match requirements for the dual Intel X550T using SmallTree drivers, the usual .kext is no longer working. Downloading again (now SmallTree require to create an account) the mentioned .pkg is futile since installation doesn't go through, I imagine that Apple has something to do here.

We will have to wait till SmallTree can release a proper driver for Catalina, they have a message regarding the matter saying "Waiting for Apple bug fixes".

So either you can use a DW1820A in the M.2 NGFF slot (WiFi+BlueTooth) or just use a PCIe card like the old Asus 10G.

I'll update if I find anything new.

Actually, the shutdown/restart bug in Clover indeed went away. It may have been related to using USB in the process, but now that the EFI is local it seems fine.

I'm using 10.14.6 as of now.

I simply couldn't seem to hex edit the X550 chipset. Ethtool didn't write any data, it wouldn't change the hex.

I then tried someone's method of using Sonnet's 10G X550 drivers for macOS, both versions (7.1 and 7.2) didn't do anything for me, with or without Smalltree installed. No go.

In the end I found another solution on a related forum for Mojave: 3.5.0 SmallTree FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_GbX.kext written for the X550T. This would probably work best in Clover / Hackintoshes.

It's advisable to put the SmallTree kext in "10.14", and the rest in "Others", as there seems to be a kext loading sequence, and this makes sure the right order is maintained.

Code for Intel_GbX:
Code:
    <dict>
        <key>Intel GbX</key>
        <dict>
            <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
            <string>org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID</string>
            <key>FakeProperties</key>
            <dict>
                <key>RM,subsystem-id</key>
                <data>
                CgAAAA==
                </data>
            </dict>
            <key>IOClass</key>
            <string>FakePCIID</string>
            <key>IOMatchCategory</key>
            <string>FakePCIID</string>
            <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
            <string>0x10c68086 0x10c78086 0x10c88086 0x10ec8086 0x10d88086 0x10fb8086 0x10f18086 0x151c8086 0x150b8086 0x15288086 0x10fc8086 0x15608086 0x15638086</string>
            <key>IOProviderClass</key>
            <string>IOPCIDevice</string>
        </dict>
    </dict>

My latest problem is Thunderbolt not showing up anymore in macOS (using an 3 <> 2 adapter and 2 <> GbE RJ45), whilst it's usually OK in Windows, oddly. I find the lack of available TB related BIOS options on this €700 motherboard disturbing. I've tried using UEFITool to extract the right section, but I'm not getting there yet.

I'm doubting whether this TB problem is related to the new Intel 10GbE drivers, but it's still worth researching.

My EFI is attached, perhaps you can do the same.

Update:

After putting in a Dell 1820A I now also get more aptiofix errors, and sometimes a stuck boot in the end with a timeout waiting for PXSX. But Thunderbolt was working in between ;)

Attachments

• EFI X299X stripped.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 212
Last edited:
TB was working in between you said? How is your TB HP functionality?

Screenshot 2020-01-23 at 16.17.25.png

Looking at this I would avoid using FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, instead use AirportBrcmFixup.kext and these properties in a made SSDT

Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 1, "DRENAN", "DSGN10G", 0x00000000)
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0.RP01, DeviceObj)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.RP01.PXSX, DeviceObj)
    External (DTGP, MethodObj)

Scope (_SB.PCI0.RP01)
    {
        Scope (PXSX)
        {
            Name (_STA, Zero)
        }

Device (ARPT)
        {
            Name (_ADR, Zero)
            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
            {
                Local0 = Package ()
                    {
                        "built-in",
                        Buffer ()
                        {
                             0x00
                        },

"AAPL,slot-name",
                        Buffer ()
                        {
                            "Internal"
                        },

"device_type",
                        Buffer ()
                        {
                            "AirPort"
                        },

"model",
                        Buffer ()
                        {
                            "AirPort Extreme 802.11ac + Bluetooth"
                        },

"name",
                        Buffer ()
                        {
                            "Apple(R) AirPort Extreme 802.11ac + Bluetooth Controller"
                        },

"compatible",
                        Buffer ()
                        {
                            "pci14e4,4331"
                        },

"pci-aspm-default",
                        Buffer ()
                        {
                            0x00
                        }
                    }
                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                Return (Local0)
            }
        }
    }
}

Then remove MacProMemoryNotifierDisabler.kext since your SMBIOS is iMacPro1,1 and there is no need.

This is the code I used for patching X550T on Linux:
Code:
sudo ethtool -E enp2s0f0 magic 0x15638086 offset 0x242 value 0x0a
sudo ethtool -E enp2s0f0 magic 0x15638086 offset 0x243 value 0x00

sudo ethtool -E enp2s0f1 magic 0x15638086 offset 0x242 value 0x0a
sudo ethtool -E enp2s0f1 magic 0x15638086 offset 0x243 value 0x00

I don't have a Mojave installation atm, so can you compare with your code and check if it works?

Also remove SMCHelper.efi and AptioInputFix.efi (latter is for Z97 and X99 chipsets). Add vsmcgen=1 bootflag in your .plist

Last edited:
Thanks for your extensive response :)

TBHP is working as intended, it seems. My rig doesn't always instantly recognize TB attached, but when I replug it to either port it gets detected.

I have sporadic AptioMemory errors, but it's 1/5 or less.

I removed SMCHelper and Aptio already, after cleaning up some more, but thanks! Should indeed remove the Disabler as well, it didn't work really well.

Any reason to avoid FakePCIID? Specifically for the 1820A?

I dumped the 1820A. I had a few laying around, one has a broken port, one doesn't have BlueTooth, and one crashes Windows when installing drivers and doesn't properly function (yet) in macOS. I had a DW1830 (lucky) still, so I put that in for now. I read much about the problems with 1820A, and it's a tedious device with that many iterations.

Any stuff you're still not done with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back