Contribute
Register

Gigabyte X299X - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    73.6 MB · Views: 74
No, you add it to boot-args. Remove the new agdpmod key you added which does nothing, and edit boot-args like this:

Code:
<key>boot-args</key>
<string>-v keepsyms=1 darkwake=0 swd_panic=1 alcid=7 agdpmod=pikera</string>

No, you add it to boot-args. Remove the new agdpmod key you added which does nothing, and edit boot-args like this:

Code:
<key>boot-args</key>
lol sorry super late! I was like, smh can't believe I uploaded that lol.

Code:
<key>boot-args</key>
I'm on big sur, big sir! Thank you fr

Last edited:
The usual reason for X86PlatformPlugin not working is that plugin_type=1 hasn't been set against the first CPU, which in OpenCore is done with an SSDT.

As to how that's achieved in Clover, or why it would suddenly stop working, I'm afraid I have no idea. I've been 100% OpenCore since I started with my X299 system, and I think most other users are as well.
Based on this information, I solved it by adding SSDT-PLUG and removing PluginType=Yes from Clover.

I'm not interested in moving to Big Sur, and I believe I'll keep Catalina at least until the new AMD Big Navi cards are available (at a reasonable price) and fully compatible.

I have already considered upgrading to Open Core, but have postponed for now because as I understand there are no real advantages over Clover.

@TheBloke my spec is similar ur your machine I guess. here is my spec Gigabyte X299X Designare 10G, 10980xe, and AMD Radeon VII. may I get ur Opencore EFI folder ? for Catalina

@CaseySJ @dolgarrenan Do you have a moment to look at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gigabyte-x299x-catalina-support.288625/post-2200298, perhaps either of you understands what's happening. Cheers!
Sorry to hear that. On the Z390 Designare and Z490 Vision D, UAD owners are not experiencing this problem. Some questions and suggestions:
  • Did this problem occur immediately after flashing the controller?
  • Because flashing the controller is not necessary in order to use UAD devices, have you tried restoring it back to the original firmware?
  • Another option is to install a fresh copy of macOS on a spare SSD and test boot-up, connectivity, etc. to see if the panic/crash/reboot does or does not occur with UAD.

Hey CaseySJ, thanks for getting back to me. The only two devices I tested (on multiple fresh installs) were the Gigabyte Ethernet adapter (TB2, on TB2<>TB3 adapter) which worked alright, and the UAD 8x. It's been like this structurally, since it was flashed. I would think of flashing it back to its original state, maybe on a later date. Taking the system apart for just that... eh! :D

Leaving a quick note here: While sleep has been working thanks to TheBloke's work, it was still a bit iffy when multiple USB devices were involved. In my system specifically, a Corsair Command Pro prevented it from sleeping properly. It's also being recognized as a UPS, which is also something I want to remedy, but that's something for a later date.
Using Casey's guide here I was able to disable Wake from USB, and my system has been sleeping properly ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back