Register

Gigabyte X299X - Catalina Support

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare x299x
CPU
10980xe
Graphics
Radeon VII
@teosoft don't want to make your comment not visible so i'll make it short. I got ethernet working again. Thanks. It needed to be installed via System/Library/Extension for me. I'm on mojave. Not sure if you figured it out, but I have sleep working with the EFI i posted earlier. i also used dolgarrenan's boot arguments. i'm onto trying to make thunderbolt work myself as well.

Motherboard
GA-X99-UD5-WIFI
CPU
i7 5960X
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@beltzak @dolgarrenan other cool kids: I don't see Thunderbolt with either AML attached and configured in OC 0.6.0.
In both cases I see "Thunderbolt: no drivers are loaded." under Thunderbolt entry in System Information.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't need to add any kexts or drivers, do I?

To make it clear, I did not update firmware. I did check Thunderbolt under Windows, it showed up in Device Manager.

View attachment 485449
Thunderbolt does never show up there on a Hackintosh. Only if if you use ssdt.aml in the PCI section under NVMExpress. This is pure cosmetic.

Motherboard
Asus P9X79
CPU
i7-3820
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Thunderbolt does never show up there on a Hackintosh. Only if if you use ssdt.aml in the PCI section under NVMExpress. This is pure cosmetic.
It does with a flashed Thunderbolt controller. Check this thread.

Motherboard
Gigabyte x299x Designare 10G
CPU
i9 10940x
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I really am sorry for not answering guys. I am far far away from my hackintosh and will be for a good time. I can login in Remote Desktop via ssh but not bios updated, changes whatsoever. I am really wondering what settings cause the bios failure as the working sleep for most of you. My Bios must have some settings wrong.

robdaghost glad your ethernet is working ;) I will check your EFI against mine to try to fix the sleep issue but I think must be some BIOS settings. Could you add to favorites most of the settings you changed and take a picture of it? So you don't need to take 8 pictures of all the settings.

Edkroket let's hope you get some light on the bios failiure issue, for me it would the fix of the year lol

Thekeko I am counting on you mate, I am out till January so every progress you make will me my progress as well ;)

From now on I have internet so I will be around. Cheers

Motherboard
GA-X99-UD5-WIFI
CPU
i7 5960X
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm in need of some help regarding finding the RTC regions causing BIOS reset on the X299X Aorus Master. I have contact with Gigabyte Taiwan and they are willing to provide a custom BIOS but need to know this:

“ Could you ask customer to clarify “CMOS reset from ACPI RTC table” and which part should be customized to meet the requirement? Mac OS (Catalina) is not officially validated on these platforms so customer might have to come out the specific configuration ”

I'm already trying to find the regions with OpenCore in combination with RTCMemoryFixup kext and these boot flags: rtcfx_exclude=00-FF This looks somehow to do something as now I have system clock warnings not correct. But how to find the exact RTC regions causing CMOS reset or boot failures?

Motherboard
ASRock X99 Extreme6
CPU
E5-2690 v4
Graphics
Radeon VII
Motherboard
GA-X99-UD5-WIFI
CPU
i7 5960X
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
You've read this, right? https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/misc/rtc.html#finding-our-bad-rtc-region

The idea is to do a binary search. It sounds like you're saying that even with the full range 00-FF specified, the BIOS reset symptom doesn't go away? That procedure's not going to work, then.

I've been watching this thread for a little while, now, but let me know if there's some part of this I missed.
Yes I know this part and am testing it from fresh start. As sometimes you don't even know where you've started and stopt. I will update if I find solution or others.