Contribute
Register

Gigabyte X299X - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. This weekend I plugged the DW1820A I bought to replace the motherboard wifi+bluetooth and also changed to Open Core using Dolgarreran EFI. Checked almost everything, changed the System to iMac Pro 1.1 and boot successfully. I have the AMD Radeon VII in the PCI Slot M.2@163,3,0. And I want to change it.

What is the best tutorial you guys have for learning IOExplorer and how to change those settings. I remember following a guide step by step but it was the same changes as the guide. I wan't to know how to do it myself. Maybe there is a new guide in the Open Core website. I saw the USB mapping guide and looks pretty good.

The only issue I have is that if I left TransmissionBT running more than an hour my Finder and most of the services as networking get stuck and frozen. I can't even restart the system. Weird.

Thanks.

Hi. This weekend I plugged the DW1820A I bought to replace the motherboard wifi+bluetooth and also changed to Open Core using Dolgarreran EFI. Checked almost everything, changed the System to iMac Pro 1.1 and boot successfully. I have the AMD Radeon VII in the PCI Slot M.2@163,3,0. And I want to change it.

What is the best tutorial you guys have for learning IOExplorer and how to change those settings. I remember following a guide step by step but it was the same changes as the guide. I wan't to know how to do it myself. Maybe there is a new guide in the Open Core website. I saw the USB mapping guide and looks pretty good.
If it is only a matter of cosmetic issue, I suggest you to use device properties in OpenCore vs SSDTs ( old school ).
Very simple and effective. You'll need Hackintool: PCIe section. Look for your device, right click to copy the device path and report the elements inside OC /DeviceProperties. If you want to add some vendor ID or other fields, you'll find them with IOReg. Check the exemples below and you should be all :thumbup:.

Screen Shot 2020-07-25 at 12.28.18.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-25 at 12.45.57.png

Screen Shot 2020-007-25 AT 12.48.01.png

Last edited:
hi i don't want to read 40 pages if i don't have to
but if i have to then i will

Bios Failure Everywhere, has been posted several times, there are some quirks ... use just one drive or just when you get bios failure enter bios and boot from the clover boot disk "do no change anything in the bios" or it won't work.

All those with BIOS Failure can check and confirm if they have VT-D Disabled and if they Enabled and use in OpenCore:
  • DisableIoMapper quirk enabled, or VT-d disabled in firmware settings if present, or ACPI DMAR table dropped.

My Bios Failure has gone. Now I can boot macOS with wake on lan unattended ;) I have been like 2 days testings things.

Also I tried to setup a OC 0.5.9 with no joy. Still using dolgarrenan EFI

Also thanks Ellybz for this post. Did what you show me, so easy lol ;)

If it is only a matter of cosmetic issue, I suggest you to use device properties in OpenCore vs SSDTs ( old school ).
Very simple and effective. You'll need Hackintool: PCIe section. Look for your device, right click to copy the device path and report the elements inside OC /DeviceProperties. If you want to add some vendor ID or other fields, you'll find them with IOReg. Check the exemples below and you should be all :thumbup:.

Next big thing is getting USB mapping before the next Big Sur comes home ;)

Cheers all!

All those with BIOS Failure can check and confirm if they have VT-D Disabled and if they Enabled and use in OpenCore:
  • DisableIoMapper quirk enabled, or VT-d disabled in firmware settings if present, or ACPI DMAR table dropped.

My Bios Failure has gone. Now I can boot macOS with wake on lan unattended ;) I have been like 2 days testings things.

Also I tried to setup a OC 0.5.9 with no joy. Still using dolgarrenan EFI

Also thanks Ellybz for this post. Did what you show me, so easy lol ;)

Next big thing is getting USB mapping before the next Big Sur comes home ;)

Cheers all!
How are you migrating to 0.5.9? Many users make the mistake of migrating copy/paste all of their EFI files and that's an error (don't know if that's your case), OC .plist should be the one provided with OC build, OpenRuntime should also match OC version, otherwise you'll get errors at boot.

Make sure you have the right set of kext and do a CleanNVRAM on boot.

Since you mentioned you haven't had an issue with BIOS failure, can you tell me how are testing 0.5.9? Are you swapping EFIs on main OS drive or you are trying to boot from USB with OC from BIOS boot menu?

The more info we have on how to avoid the s***id BIOS failure the better!

Lol Thank you dolgarrenan, I can not thank you enough for everything, but yes. I started from scratch, no copy/paste, new Kexts, following the guide but I think I made a mistake I have to follow the High Desktop Skylake-X guide and followed the Comet lake, then I also compared with your config.plist, I read the Configuration.pdf and so on ;) I took my time because it's the only way that I could learn.

What I copy and pasted is the SSDT and the bloody 70 Patch you got there ... what an incredible work. Did you use ssdtimer or something like that or is that manually?

OC 0.5.9 in a USB pendrive.

Ok I am going to explain a bit better. I have been messing a lot with the Bios. I need to put this machine to be able to switch it on with wake on lan. So once I had OpenCore working after I broke it I had to remove agdpmod=pikera (only navi gpu) so my monitor does not go to sleep ( I changed to MacPro7,1 from iMacPro1,1). One of the things I found that in C state in AUTO does not boot either at least with my config (has to be 6).

So the recommended guides suggest to disable VT-D from bios, but if do that the Bios always gives a Bios Failure. Even if I cleared nvram ( every time I restarted and changed from OpenCore to Clover and viceversa). So with Bios Failure I cannot wake on lan, because you need to f**** enter in the bios and boot from that drive. So when I enabled it the warning was gone. Now I need to test thoroughly but after 2 days lost with this "issue" I thought I could ask in the forum if someone else got the same experience.

The Bios Failure is gone with your 0.5.8 OC EFI and VT-D enabled in the bios (need to disable in the config.plist).
My 0.5.9 get's stuck just in the first screen were just a few lines appear and after should blink and start the whole mac boot so it must be a stupid mistake I did.

Will try to fix it myself and share here if I am successful ;)

It does not work. I mean enabling VT-D (in the Bios) did not fix the Bios Failure It was just one time boot fix. Damn. What the hell, the only thing I need to check now is to not disable VT-D from OC and see if it boots. Sorry for the trouble.

I used dolgarrenan EFI Gogeta-Blue. It's all there, clover or OC. OC it's really nice but looks like just one line setting in the config.plist can screw everything, it seems to me that clover is more permissive. But obviously the future is OC so ... your choice.

Also bear in mind that my motherboard is exactly the same as dolgarrenan so I only had the create a serial with genSMBIOS and write it down.

Last edited:
Gogeta-Blue please stick to the point. Even I speak too much, your post are way heavier than mine.

OC is in constant development, you cannot mixed files between one version to another because the config.plist changes too much and I already told you; one line in that config.plist can screw your boot to be successful. The OC 0.5.8 I have got from dolgarrenan is a modified he compiled to be able to boot windows. I downloaded 0.5.9 myself, start from scratch, only copy and paste the SSDT and the ACPI Patches, everything is new, check the config with the old one and the https://opencore.slowgeek.com sanity check and still I have not been successful to boot. So have patience.

[B]Thekeko[/B] has a 0.5.9 working in the same motherboard as you. I don't know If he has shared his EFI, if not, ask him nicely. ;)

And I have read all the post of this thread at least a couple of times, yeah is a bit a pain in the ass to search that post you have read on and is in there in the mix but if I were you I would take the trouble to read all the posts (2-3 hours), you won't get so so frustrated in the long run.

Last edited:

SmallTreeIntel82576 does not work, download the one from dolgarrenan in the first page of the thread, if I recall correctly is a patched one SmallTreeIntel 8259x, I think is better to install in /Library/Extension but it works from EFI. And also the SSDT-X299X-DESIGNARE10G-X550T from the dolgarrenan post.

About USB, I haven't tested if they work "properly", they work. I still have to follow the USB Mapping guide.

Thunderbold is also in the first post. Either you disassemble some parts of the motherboard to patch the thunderbolt firmware or you buy some pcie models and also need to patch looks quite easy but I don't want to mess with the motherboard, too lazy ;) so I would buy a pcie myself but I don't have any Thunderbolt device yet.

Also for the Airport Wifi+Blueetooth I bought from Alliexpress the same model dolgarrenan recommends and works, Handoff not perfectly, sometimes takes it's time but I have not tested thoroughly. Don't use it much.

Can you point me to the USB Mapping guide you are referring to?

Yes, i did not do it because I though you already have checked as you have successfully booted with OpenCore.

It's a several part guide. The one we need is the Intel USB Mapping.

Intel : https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/intel-mapping/intel.html

This is the old Rehabman guide:
Create your own SSDT:

About the Thunderbolt issue yes, there are 2 Gigabyte models, at least here in spain. I think both could be patched but this matter I am not the indicated as I have not test myself and I don't know what works and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back