Contribute
Register

Gigabyte X299X - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is for another computer with an i9-9820X .... on X299 UD4 PRO.
It boots well with clover (with Patch APIC checked) but with OC, it seems to have the same issue like clover with Patch APIC unchecked.
Thanks again
Patching with clover should generate a patched APIC-SSDT in CLOVER/ACPI/Origin if I'm not wrong, if not there is a post on one of my posts from @Florin9doi where he manually patched the APIC and succeeded, clover patch came after his efforts, perhaps he can help? I think he has been inactive for some time, so it's a gamble.

Update gb F3c x299x
Not a new BIOS, same as everyone is having problems with, the best solution is just to try to minimize what makes conflict with your boot for now until GB releases a new BIOS. :|

Patching with clover should generate a patched APIC-SSDT in CLOVER/ACPI/Origin if I'm not wrong, if not there is a post on one of my posts from @Florin9doi where he manually patched the APIC and succeeded, clover patch came after his efforts, perhaps he can help? I think he has been inactive for some time, so it's a gamble.
Thanks
I will look for to your post to @Florin9doi. I remember I read it ... quite some times ago.

@dolgarrenan

Hi! I am thinking of buying same mobo as you. Just wondering, what is not working on your build right now?

Does sleep/wake work for you even with your Apollo powered on?

When you press the sleep button, how long does it take before it goes to sleep. And how long does it take until waking up on a wake command?

I understand if you don’t have the time to investigate this, but would be very thankful since i am planning on changing mobo from my current one, that works pretty well but apart from sporadicallt kp on wake etc. It’s also very slow. 15 seconds to wake from sleep.

I’ve flashed my AIC T-Ridge lately with success so i’m really looking forward to do it onboard this time.

Hi guys, I'm losing my mind :( I'm having issues with the x299x Designare 10G + 10980XE with OC, It resets all the time and shows the Bios failure message, Sometimes I'm able to get to the boot menu, but if i select something or after 5 seconds it resets. I read somewhere to boot from an ssd, I tried the EFI on a SSD through USB, SSD on SATA and on a NVME an that and it still does not work. I also set the required settings on the bios. How do you guys are able to boot on this board?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 73
Hi guys, I'm losing my mind :( I'm having issues with the x299x Designare 10G + 10980XE with OC, It resets all the time and shows the Bios failure message, Sometimes I'm able to get to the boot menu, but if i select something or after 5 seconds it resets. I read somewhere to boot from an ssd, I tried the EFI on a SSD through USB, SSD on SATA and on a NVME an that and it still does not work. I also set the required settings on the bios. How do you guys are able to boot on this board?

Hi Urbankuest:

My "garbage solution" is this one. When you get "Bios Failure" you don't : "Load optimised" just select "Enter Bios". Go to the last tab (I think is Save and Exit) and there you select Boot Override I think and you select the hard drive where is the boot loader (in this case is OC). If you do this, without changing anything in the bios settings you shouldn't have a reset.

dolgarrenan says it maybe related to having several boot loaders. To me it happened with just one hard drive and no usb attached so must be several things. The last advice I followed was to unplug USB-C Gen2 on the board and that change made my mobo not to give Bios Failure but I do have to tell that in another period of time and with usb-c gen2 cable plugged to the mobo the failure was gone for a couple weeks but still haven't found the issue. I thought it was the USB settings and change them all, fixed the failure then suddenly it came back.

Like they say, this bios is garbage lol, that would explain it all ;) After you boot the system is really stable, at least in clover. I have to fix some things in other builds before starting to test OC on this one.
Cheers,

p.s.: My drive is a nvme, but I started with a 2.5" hdd 5400rpm, then changed to a just one ssd with windows (this was to test the mobo was fine, no reset or whatsoever with just windows on it). Except with just windows the bios failure has been pretty constant. So no worries about what you are using. Does not matter usb, ssd, nmve it fails miserably.

Last edited:
Since I have moved to OC there is no more issues, I used n-d-k's fork that lets you dual boot from OC loading screen and no more problems, that's the studio rig I'm talking about.

OC is the way for me right now, I would strongly suggest losing the fear and make the move, the EFI at the first post is a good starting point, I'm I don't have that much time to reply, but I'm still here!

I've checked your EFI and is mostly ok, what have you connected to your computer? Do you have an EFI inside the main drive and another one on a USB attached? Or a second OS drive by SATA or NVME?? Might be bad BIOS config.

Have you been switching back and forth clover/OC, what other hardware you have, GFX,RAM...???

Since I have moved to OC there is no more issues, I used n-d-k's fork that lets you dual boot from OC loading screen and no more problems, that's the studio rig I'm talking about.

OC is the way for me right now, I would strongly suggest losing the fear and make the move, the EFI at the first post is a good starting point, I'm I don't have that much time to reply, but I'm still here!

Looks about right. When I first built this hackintosh I wanted to start with OC, I tried for several of days but could no event pass the install on a Z87 and then in Designare 10G (I realised i needed to read a lot more) and in all that time never had the Bios Failure message. That started when I decided to change to Clover.

Looks about right. When I first built this hackintosh I wanted to start with OC, I tried for several of days but could no event pass the install on a Z87 and then in Designare 10G (I realised i needed to read a lot more) and in all that time never had the Bios Failure message. That started when I decided to change to Clover.
If that's the case, the only viable option is to perform a CMOS, that is a no promise fix but it has worked every time I have been messing around with the two bootloaders, no more tho.

We should better stick with one and avoid going the easy route if something goes wrong by going back and forth BL, OC is the way for me now, that's my recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back