Contribute
Register

Gigabyte X299 Designare Ex

Status
Not open for further replies.
The onboard x299 Designare Ex TB3 is alpine ridge?
I thought it was an external PCIE card.
I’m using my Opencore hack since one month. I have set only the basics but everything I need is working :)
Yeah, it's an internal alpine ridge controller

I'm still having issues with my ACPI configurations, though. Have you messed with any of this since your last post? Any updates?

Since my last post, I configured the memory slot and removed the whatevergreen kext

Are you still under clover? What kind of issues do you have?
I think I've gotten as far as I can with Clover. I fixed almost everything except shutdown/sleep/wake issues.
Shutdown was working, but whenever I'd go back to try to fix any sleep issues, Shutdown would break.

I'm now working on switching over to OpenCore, but I can't get past the "pci configuration begin" stage, unless I use the npci=0x2000 or the npci=0x3000 boot flag, which unfortunately results in the Nvidia WebDrivers not working.

I think it has something to do with the "above 4g setting" on BIOS not being available. Did you have any issue with that? What BIOS version are you running?

Would you mind sharing your EFI folder as well as your BIOS settings file?

I think I've gotten as far as I can with Clover. I fixed almost everything except shutdown/sleep/wake issues.
Shutdown was working, but whenever I'd go back to try to fix any sleep issues, Shutdown would break.

I'm now working on switching over to OpenCore, but I can't get past the "pci configuration begin" stage, unless I use the npci=0x2000 or the npci=0x3000 boot flag, which unfortunately results in the Nvidia WebDrivers not working.

I think it has something to do with the "above 4g setting" on BIOS not being available. Did you have any issue with that? What BIOS version are you running?

Would you mind sharing your EFI folder as well as your BIOS settings file?

I could have a look at your EFI. I am looking to buy this mobo in the future, so I would like to see if we could get it 100% working before i buy it!

i’ll help you guys :)

Found some bios setting that should work on this board

Attachments

• 9BE8900E-C81A-43DF-A419-86696753FF98.png
    9BE8900E-C81A-43DF-A419-86696753FF98.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 105
  • 727CB9A1-06EA-4E5D-9294-1DE2B42AD3AC.png
    727CB9A1-06EA-4E5D-9294-1DE2B42AD3AC.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 116
  • 876929FE-69F6-400B-AA8C-12DF02F04D64.png
    876929FE-69F6-400B-AA8C-12DF02F04D64.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 107
  • 086EA56F-459D-454C-A373-6C4D0553B801.png
    086EA56F-459D-454C-A373-6C4D0553B801.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 112
  • 13AD1939-4C27-41FA-B93A-5A422A66E4EE.png
    13AD1939-4C27-41FA-B93A-5A422A66E4EE.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 101
  • F29A9D6B-F060-4951-A8CD-127C26FDE522.png
    F29A9D6B-F060-4951-A8CD-127C26FDE522.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 124
Also do you have SSDT-AWAC + SSDT-PMC?

Also do you have SSDT-AWAC + SSDT-PMC?
No, I was actually trying to use SSDT-RTC0-RANGE-HEDT.aml, according to the OpenCore guide.
Here's my EFI folder, if you wanna mess with it, though I removed my SMBIOS info.
I never managed to boot without the npci flag, which I now realized I also need for my Clover EFI. However, I can't get my Nvidia drivers working with OC, so I just went back to Clover.
Hope this helps! If you find any room for improvement (which I'm sure you will), can you please share with us?

Ah, one more note, which might not apply to you: I upgraded to the F7c BIOS, but it gave me problems with my 3 GPU's as well (wouldn't properly do 2x8 PCI lane splitting between PCI slot 1 (PCIEX16_1) and Slot 5 (PCIEX8) – only 4x4), so I went back to BIOS F6.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5 MB · Views: 121
No, I was actually trying to use SSDT-RTC0-RANGE-HEDT.aml, according to the OpenCore guide.
Here's my EFI folder, if you wanna mess with it, though I removed my SMBIOS info.
I never managed to boot without the npci flag, which I now realized I also need for my Clover EFI. However, I can't get my Nvidia drivers working with OC, so I just went back to Clover.
Hope this helps! If you find any room for improvement (which I'm sure you will), can you please share with us?

Ah, one more note, which might not apply to you: I upgraded to the F7c BIOS, but it gave me problems with my 3 GPU's as well (wouldn't properly do 2x8 PCI lane splitting between PCI slot 1 (PCIEX16_1) and Slot 5 (PCIEX8) – only 4x4), so I went back to BIOS F6.

I totally missed that you are on such an old OS and also uses nvidia gpu. No plans on selling them and buy one 6900XT when it gets support?
I had to get rid of my 1080 Ti to use AMD, just to continue using my hackintosh and upgrade it etc. I use redshift as a 3D renderer for my workflow, and now since their beta works with Amd cards, i am glad i did the switch.

Maybe my tweak of an efi could benefit @Kawabaumga more. But i'll have a look on yours as well.

Regarding bios versions, the last is not always best, so if F6 works fine, just use it =)

I totally missed that you are on such an old OS and also uses nvidia gpu. No plans on selling them and buy one 6900XT when it gets support?
I had to get rid of my 1080 Ti to use AMD, just to continue using my hackintosh and upgrade it etc. I use redshift as a 3D renderer for my workflow, and now since their beta works with Amd cards, i am glad i did the switch.

Maybe my tweak of an efi could benefit @Kawabaumga more. But i'll have a look on yours as well.

Regarding bios versions, the last is not always best, so if F6 works fine, just use it =)

Ah, nice to know that Redshift supports AMD now!

I think the time is coming for me to switch. I mostly use Octane, and even they support Metal now.

But anything you can share would be helpful, not just to me but the community as well!

Hello @gabevf,
I was reading looking over your post for a while, but was hesitant to suggest anything since I am using Vega 64 GPU as oppose to your former GTX type.
I am pretty stable with my very similar configuration, the only thing I haven't been able to patch is my TB3.
I am on OpenCore and pretty much everything works, so far this is the most stable machine I've ever built, and I'm happy to share what I have. Let me know if you're still working on yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back