Contribute
Register

Gigabyte UEFI BIOS + StarTech Firewire PCIe card - Sleep / Wake / Shutdown / Restart Issues thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
might we see a Z77 ds3h uefi update too?

Hi,

Same problem here with a GA-Q77M-D2H

Same problem here on Z77X-UP5 TH with F11 Firmware

I just completed my build with the Gigabyte H77N-wifi, i5-3570k, Sandisk 480GB SSD, 8 GIG Corsair Vengeance Low Profile memory, and the Startech firewire board (PEX1394B3), and can neither get the computer to sleep nor shut down. The computer powers up again in a couple of seconds by itself.

HOWEVER, when I replace the Startech board with a cheap Syba SD_PEX30009 board, all is well. Sleep works as does shut down. So, at the moment, the cheap Syba card beats the expensive native StarTech board.

I do not have the startech card, but using Gigabyte's UEFI uh1 BIOS I cannot shut down or sleep the computer.
The system tries to shut down (or sleep), but all that happens is the monitor goes off and the system freezes. Can't get it back without a hard reset.

Same issue with GA-Z77X-UD5H F7 bios with a Sonnet Allegro FW800 which is also a TI chip. However in my case disabling WOL fixes the issue. I only have the Intel NIC on my board active, the Atheros is disabled.

Is there any update to this issue? Are there any BIOS updates out there yet. I have been checking the Gigabyte website for UD5H updates, but nothing yet. Have any of the other boards got updates yet? My build is all but complete.

ZOMG! Just saw this on the Tweaktown site:

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 - U1j

Any brave soul willing to take it for a spin? With the Firewire card pulled, my hack is ROCK solid (sleep and wake and the whole 9 yards) and I'm not feeling particularly adventurous...

Edit: Alright, so I'm braver than I thought. Installed the new beta firmware. (Decided to check things out prior to installing the FW card.) Reboot and reconfigure BIOS (no shocking changes at first glance). Boot into OS X...things look great.

Manually sleep the computer...and it immediately wakes again, but leaves the display asleep and unwakeable. Force shutdown. WHY, Gigabye? WHY?!?!

Back to U1H for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back