Contribute
Register

Gigabyte UEFI BIOS + StarTech Firewire PCIe card - Sleep / Wake / Shutdown / Restart Issues thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I can confirm this same issue with Z77X-UD5H (F14 BIOS) and Startech firewire PCIe- been trying to get sleep to work and cant get shutdown working, just starts back up again. After discovering this thread I have just pulled the card out and all is working sweet - sleep/wake/shutdown/restart.

Hopefully there is some resolve to this issue soon.

Keep up the great work all the tonymacx86 crew!!

I've got some good news, Gigabyte has located the issue and it'll be implemented in new UEFI updates on all of the boards.
This will however take some time, so please indicate which boards you're using here and we'll try to have them expedite those versions ahead of the boards that aren't so hack friendly.

Good news indeed!

I'm using a Z68x-UD3H-B3 (U1h).

Thanks, Swede! :D

We should hopefully have a beta UEFI for the Z77X-UP5 TH next week, although I'd expect the Z77X-UD5H to follow shortly after that.
As for the Z68 boards... well... it's not a priority for Gigabyte, sorry... but the fix should be implemented in the final UEFI release at least.

As for the Z68 boards... well... it's not a priority for Gigabyte, sorry... but the fix should be implemented in the final UEFI release at least.

But...but...I thought that I was the bright center of the universe and that all motherboard related development revolved around my needs! o_O

I'm considering a built with GA X79-UD5 and a FW card with the PEX1394B3 chip. Any chance this issue can also occur with the mobo?

thnx - H

I'm considering a built with GA X79-UD5 and a FW card with the PEX1394B3 chip. Any chance this issue can also occur with the mobo?

thnx - H

It's not specific to this card, it's a BIOS/UEFI issue with certain PCI Express cards and I don't have an X79 board, so I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back