Contribute
Register

Gigabyte UEFI BIOS + StarTech Firewire PCIe card - Sleep / Wake / Shutdown / Restart Issues thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tested on the Z68XP-D3 with UEFI and yes, it does indeed prevent the system from going to sleep and it powers right back on once you power it off. This isn't going to be an issue we can solve, but hopefully Gigabyte will be able to do so. It appears to be UEFI related on the 6-series boards.

F12 doesn't appear to be a beta, as they usually have another letter after them.
That said, it also appears to be 100% stable.
Not saying it'll fix your issues though.
Coincidentally, I found that the Z68XP-D3 board I have also has issues with sleep/wake/shutdown/restart using an ASMedia ASM1042 based USB 3.0 card, so it's clearly not an issue specific to FireWire cards, but rather to some add-in PCI Express cards.

F12 doesn't appear to be a beta, as they usually have another letter after them.
That said, it also appears to be 100% stable.
Not saying it'll fix your issues though.
Coincidentally, I found that the Z68XP-D3 board I have also has issues with sleep/wake/shutdown/restart using an ASMedia ASM1042 based USB 3.0 card, so it's clearly not an issue specific to FireWire cards, but rather to some add-in PCI Express cards.

Not stable for me. Shutdown is even worse—it never completely powers off at all, activity stops but the light never goes out. While booted the mouse was a bit laggy as well. I flashed back to F8.

Thanks, thelostswede! I appreciate you taking the time to confirm the issue, and I appreciate your making Gigabyte aware of the problem. I'm going to sit on the card for now in the hopes that they'll sort out the BIOS issues and I'll be able to appreciate the card for all the reasons you mentioned in your post. :)

Be well -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back