Contribute
Register

Gigabyte UD5H Fan Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do i change the voltage of sys fan 1 in bios??

There is no way to do that in bios, you can just set how how fast voltage starts ramping up from default by choosing Silent, Normal or Manual profile. And same setting also adjusts speeds of Sys_fan 2 & 3 headers.

I also have the ud5h board, and when I went from lion to mountain lion my temps increased by over 20degrees.

I have 2 pwm fans(cpu and 1 120mm case), and 4 3pin fans. None of them change with load, not even cpu.

When you start the computer they run at full speed, ramp down while osx starts and stay that way no matter what load.

Would really like to get pwm working, or some type of fan management, can anyone help?

Also in bios, i have tried: normal, manual at top speeds, and auto with no difference

Remultibeasted my kexts and now my cpu fan ramps, a bit. But not my other pwm fan. guess i need to get a pwm splitter and run everything off the cpu port also.

Yes, because there is only one PWM fan controller on the MB.

Actually two, one for cpu fan header which ramps up according to cpu temperature and one for sys fan headers 1,2 and 3 which are controlled by system temperature.

Actually two, one for cpu fan header which ramps up according to cpu temperature and one for sys fan headers 1,2 and 3 which are controlled by system temperature.

I have a Z87X-UD5H and according to HWmonitor, fans 2 3 and 4 are all running at approximately the same speed - 820-850 RPM. It looks like they have made all non cpu fan headers PWM controlled by the case temp I guess.

Also, is there a way to get HWmonitor to show my CPU fan speed?

I have some frustration with the CPU fan of my GA-Z87X-UD7 TH

It seems that the controller for the
Z87X boards is not visible to anything but the Gigabyte Windows application.

For me, at least, none of the fans ramp up even when the CPU becomes dangerously hot. I got nothing but doubletalk from Gigabyte support when they told me it only worked under Windows I asked "What became of that dedicated temperature controller they advertised to manage these fans?"

I surveyed the Windows and Linux tools, as well as the Mac and found none that see the CPU fan controller at all, though Gigabyte's EasyTune tool does.

If you have been able to get a response to temperature from your CPU fan on and
Z87X I would be interested to know about your power management setup, or anything that seemed to make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back