Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16814125966

This is the 4GB gaming variant. Best budget gaming card at this low price. I own the Aorus version of this. One of the heaviest graphics cards I've owned. The metal backplate and large cooler are what gives it much of it's heft.
14-125-966-V02.jpg
Gigabyte RX 570 4GB Vram w/ 3 DP1.4 and metal backplate

This is still selling at over $310 asking price on some websites. Obviously they forgot to notice the Bitcoin bubble burst.

The Gigabyte RX560 with 14CU is selling for $99 AR right now at Newegg. You get less performance with a 560 and the card is much shorter with the single fan version. $20 savings may be worth it in certain scenarios. Needs no 8 pin power.
This is a significant upgrade over the integrated UHD630 graphics you get from Intel.

1554993436397.png

Last edited:
Price is still $119.99 at newegg. What are you waiting for ?

B&H photo is charging $299 for these right now. See for yourself.

This is actually a side effect of the mining craze of 2018. These were one of the most desirable cards for miners to use in their huge rigs. They are quiet and stay cool and have a high hash rate.

Gigabyte ramped up production of these last year at the height of the craze because they could get 2-3 times normal retail prices for them. They overproduced and the bubble broke leaving huge numbers of these in stock. Now we actually get the benefit of this for our hackintoshes. The pendulum swings both ways.

Last edited:
Bumping this because the deal is continuing through April 2019 or until they sell out before that time.

Last edited:
and does not work with video or plays games
Anyone can game with this card (1080p/High Settings) or edit video in iMovie or FCP X. These graphics are as good or better than the highest end Macbook Pro. Many pro video editors use those for FCP editing.

Last edited:
The 4GB Aorus version of this card is also going for $129 AR. There is a $30 rebate to mail in. These are being closed out so you won't see this price again for a new RX570. The cooling system on these is the best I've ever owned.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125965

Has a massive heat sink and 4 copper heat pipes. So if you push your graphics card a lot this is the better choice.

Anyone can game with this card (1080p/High Settings) or edit video in iMovie or FCP X. These graphics are as good or better than the highest end Macbook Pro. Many pro video editors use those for FCP editing.

Sure, but I would not consider the RX570 to hit the sweetspot for gamers and video editors building a Hackintosh. Especially with 4K becoming more and more common. Prices are low for 8 GB variants of RX580 and Vega56, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back