Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Gigabyte RX Vega 64 OC Mojave success!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite
CPU
Ryzen 7 5800X3DX
Graphics
RX 6800XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. eMac
  3. iMac
  4. LC
  5. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Well, I did it. I traded my Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 for a Gigabyte RX Vega 64 OC. I know I said in other threads that I would be sticking with NVIDIA even though I was tired of waiting for Apple to get off their stubborn high horse, but I couldn't wait for the slim chance that they would be bringing good news at the WWDC this June. I was also yearning to finally update to Mojave and couldn't stand the fact that for the first time in my 10 years of Hackintoshing I was an OS version behind. So I gave in and lucked out that there was someone looking to trade their Gigabyte RX Vega 64 OC for a Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1. We both wanted equal performance and looking for better driver compatibility; In his case gaming in Windows, and for myself Mojave.

Using Unibeast I made myself a Mojave Installer, replacing the pre-installed kexts in Clover with the ones I use, and adding in my config.plist and DSDT + SSDT. Installation was 100% flawless. After a post-install of the audio for my mobo, I was at 100% full functionality.

How did I get the RX Vega 64 working with full fan speed and stability? I did absolutely nothing! Mojave handles everything without issue! No bios flashing, no VGtab, no plist editing. It just works! Temp, FPS, core clock, and memory all are correctly reported in iSTAT and the fans throttle as they should! Sleep works. No blank screen issues. Complete success!

Edit: I spoke too soon. Sleep results in a power down. Anyone know of a fix?

I was tired of waiting for Apple to get off their stubborn high horse, but I couldn't wait for the slim chance that they would be bringing good news at the WWDC this June.

Funny how you blame apple; Nvida did this to themselves. Apple is sick of the ****-hole drivers that Nvida has been making and said fix it or GTFO.

Edit: I spoke too soon. Sleep results in a power down. Anyone know of a fix?

Set Darkwake

Funny how you blame apple; Nvida did this to themselves. Apple is sick of the ****-hole drivers that Nvida has been making and said fix it or GTFO.

I blame them both. Apple says one thing, NVIDIA says another. I tend to look at Apple as NVIDIA releases new High Sierra drivers on cue.

I have Darkwake=0 already in my plist.

I have Darkwake=0 already in my plist.

Try Darkwake 1 that's what I use on one of my rigs.

I blame them both. Apple says one thing, NVIDIA says another. I tend to look at Apple as NVIDIA releases new High Sierra drivers on cue.

Well I tend to believe my friend who is a software engineer at apple. In addition lot of people on this forum would say nvidia released bad drivers for all of HS. So it is no wonder apple does not approve Nvidia's drivers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back