Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GB Z370 Aorus Gaming 5
CPU
Graphics
ATI 580rx
Mac
  1. iMac
Is there still no fix for graphics issues with the RX580? Specifically, Photos freezing up the computer with a bunch of GPU dump errors. I've seen lots of threads on it, and I've seen suggestions to try Lilu and WhateverGreen, but nothing has fixed it for me. Super bummed, as I thought the RX580 was supposed to be very supported...

Is there still no fix for graphics issues with the RX580? Specifically, Photos freezing up the computer with a bunch of GPU dump errors. I've seen lots of threads on it, and I've seen suggestions to try Lilu and WhateverGreen, but nothing has fixed it for me. Super bummed, as I thought the RX580 was supposed to be very supported...

Inject and enable IGPU or use NoVPAJpeg.kext, this is to fix photos.

I have had zero issues with my Gigabyte RX580 other than had to use iGPU or NoVPAJpeg.kext after upgrading to Mojave due to Apple changing things in the OS. Changing SMBIOS from iMac 17,1 to MacPro 6,1 or to Imac Pro 1,1 also fixes issue. This is because Apple moved the decoding to the iGPU in those Macs that have them and disabled hardware decoding for the RX580.

Does anyone have any other solutions to try? I've read about other people using this card with no issues!

I don't want to use the IGPU, it defeats the purpose of getting this card in the first place.

I tried NoVPAJpeg.kext, I tried the SMBIOS change, nothing seems to stop it from happening.

Does anyone have any other solutions to try? I've read about other people using this card with no issues!

I don't want to use the IGPU, it defeats the purpose of getting this card in the first place.

I tried NoVPAJpeg.kext, I tried the SMBIOS change, nothing seems to stop it from happening.

Have you tried going into motherboard bios?
Is it capable of UEFI boot?

These cards have a UEFI bios and sometimes CSM or CSM disable may help. Legacy Boot Mode may cause problems with the card. It seems most people with problems have older systems. Is there a bios update you can check into?

I'll try the CSM thing. But my system is a Gigabyte Gaming 5, UEFI yes. So, it's not old...

Whoa. Disabling CSM fixed it. Not only that, but now my boot screens are way higher resolution + the system just seems to be running a lot smoother now.. thank you!!! What is CSM?!

Whoa. Disabling CSM fixed it. Not only that, but now my boot screens are way higher resolution + the system just seems to be running a lot smoother now.. thank you!!! What is CSM?!
Compatibility Support Module

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back