Gigabyte RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have been going crazy since buying this GPU - I am unable to get it working correctly in Catalina or the Big Sur beta using OpenCore. It is very frustrating as there are so many reports of it working perfectly with both Catalina > 10.15.2 and the Big Sur beta, but I have also seen reports of issues similar to mine with seemingly no solution.

I have 4 monitors connected. Without WG it will load with two monitors (HDMI and the DP next to it) with what feels like stuttering/garbage performance. With WG and the agdpmod=pikera boot flag, I get no image on any display.

I have attached my EFI/OC folder without my serial numbers; my specs are as per my profile. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? This OC setup worked fine for Catalina with my previous GPU, the Radeon VII.

Attachments

• EFI-OC.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 43
I hate to have to bump this but I have been doing further research, it seems that the Gigabyte model has an issue where only two outputs (HDMI and 1x DP) work, @GertyMcGee describes an identical scenario to mine in this thread.

Has anyone else heard of this issue, or come across it? Any help would be appreciated.

I'm going to bump this topic again, since I have still not had much luck despite trying various things including SMBIOS changes. Does anyone know where I should go with this now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back