Gigabyte RX 460
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
things I have done to get this fixed with out success so far,

I followed the instructions here Enabling AMD RX 4XX cards
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/enabling-amd-rx-4xx-cards-in-sierra.201364/

I also used the hex app to find R9 xxx and replace with RX 460 so now the OS reads my card correctly
the issue that I still have is that the OS only reads 5MB of Vram and my screen is glitchy and stutters,
I still can't get final Cut Pro to work with my card Please help, I pretty much did everything I found here
and still can't get the full performance of my 460, the main reason why I bought it its because I read that it was Working Out Of the Box... Big fat Lie.. Any ways Thank You.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 4.04.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 4.04.01 PM.png
    94.7 KB · Views: 379
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 4.03.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 4.03.30 PM.png
    162.3 KB · Views: 390
  • amd enabled 2.png
    amd enabled 2.png
    110.9 KB · Views: 297
Something is not right in your set-up. The editing you did is cosmetic, it has no effect one way or the other on the card's performance.

Is your motherboard's bios set to use the IGPU for booting, but otherwise disabled?
In the Clover config.plist file, do you have Inject-ATI set to false, what about Inject-Intel?

Does your system have good graphics without the card?

Something is not right in your set-up. The editing you did is cosmetic, it has no effect one way or the other on the card's performance.

Is your motherboard's bios set to use the IGPU for booting, but otherwise disabled?
In the Clover config.plist file, do you have Inject-ATI set to false, what about Inject-Intel?

yes my system has a great performance with the intel graphics
and i am not sure about config.plist could you screenshot your settings? my boot options are
CPU graphics IGPU enabled

and i am not sure about config.plist could you screenshot your settings? my boot options are

My settings would not at this point help you much, since I am using a named frame buffer. However, for getting you started on finding out what the issue is, try these:

Set the editing you did in the 9510 Controller back to the stock Apple version and use this in your config.plist instead:

Code:
        <key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Change ‘R9 xxx’ to ‘RX 460’</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>UjkgeHh4</data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AMD9510Controller</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>UlggNDYw</data>
            </dict>

Each time Apple updates the controller, your edits will be lost and you will have to redo them. The Clover patch sticks around and does not need to be changed until Apple stops using the 9510 controller. Next, find the graphics section in your config.plist:

Code:
    <key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <false/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
    </dict>

So far, it sounds like your motherboard is essentially ignoring your AMD card, which may require some looks at the bios settings and the config.plist settings. Which product name are you using in the SMBIOS settings section of the config.plist?

My settings would not at this point help you much, since I am using a named frame buffer. However, for getting you started on finding out what the issue is, try these:

Set the editing you did in the 9510 Controller back to the stock Apple version and use this in your config.plist instead:

Code:
        <key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Change ‘R9 xxx’ to ‘RX 460’</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>UjkgeHh4</data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AMD9510Controller</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>UlggNDYw</data>
            </dict>

Each time Apple updates the controller, your edits will be lost and you will have to redo them. The Clover patch sticks around and does not need to be changed until Apple stops using the 9510 controller. Next, find the graphics section in your config.plist:

Code:
    <key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <false/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
    </dict>

So far, it sounds like your motherboard is essentially ignoring your AMD card, which may require some looks at the bios settings and the config.plist settings. Which product name are you using in the SMBIOS settings section of the config.plist?

Thanks that seem like it worked finally :) all though I have to connect one monitor to the HDMI of my motherboard to be able to see the boot, and the other to the HDMI of my GPU, no big deal since I will be going dual monitors, now final cut pro keeps on crashing any idea why?
oh and I ran heaven benchmark :)
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 2.35.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 2.35.24 PM.png
    100.9 KB · Views: 221
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 2.35.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 2.35.42 PM.png
    106 KB · Views: 219
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 2.42.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 2.42.59 PM.png
    239.3 KB · Views: 180
Thanks that seem like it worked finally :) all though I have to connect one monitor to the HDMI of my motherboard to be able to see the boot, and the other to the HDMI of my GPU, no big deal since I will be going dual monitors, now final cut pro keeps on crashing any idea why?
oh and I ran heaven benchmark :)
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP :)

Glad to hear it is better. I wish I had an answer you will like for the FCPX question, but the best I can on that one is to say 'it depends'. From what I have gathered, it depends on the version of FCPX, the version of Clover, the version of macOS, etc.

What you are seeing regarding the boot up now is what has come to be called the 'blind boot' process. Essentially, you use the motherboard only for making clover changes or for changing the startup drive and other than that ignore it and just let your main monitor be connected to your AMD card blindly until the login screen comes on.

Now that the generic issue has been fixed, head back to the Enabling AMD cards thread or the macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers! thread (at the ends) and check to see how to best turn on the IGPU to work along side of the AMD card as well as how to use the frame buffers to get more performance and other niceties. There are various people that have put in some hard work getting everything going. Many of them have similar setups to what you are using and can help you refine things a bit. Just keep in mind the words of Larry Wall "There is more than one way to do it."

The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.
Please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
Can I have a file? Kext. EFI
Please explain what you want/need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back