Contribute
Register

Gigabyte quality going down?

Are you satisfied with the quality of you Gigabyte MoBo (270 chipset)?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370N Wifi
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello all,

my current hackintosh was built back in 2012 based on GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3. 5 years of good service and now it is time to refresh my build.

I am leaning towards a smaller/quiet (as my previous)/no frills build. Considering Fractal Design Define C Mini, and a mATX mobo, and there is the question.

Since I do not intend to to oClocking, I am considering Gigabyte GA-H270M-DS3H. But I am concered with lower ratings and 16% 1 start at Amazon and also not better results on Newegg, with lots of people complaining of DoAs, Boot loops, etc.

Any users of such board here (or any mATX 270 Gigabyte one)? Did Gigabyte quality dropped in those 5 years since I bought mine?

Appreciate your opinions.

I don't think the quality (probably not much else either) has changed at Gigabyte for many years. At the consumer/business end of things, all the motherboard manufacturers seem to have very similar offerings - with the same firmwares obtained from the same places. Here's a video tour of their factory posted 7 years ago.

I don't think the quality (probably not much else either) has changed at Gigabyte for many years. At the consumer/business end of things, all the motherboard manufacturers seem to have very similar offerings - with the same firmwares obtained from the same places. Here's a video tour of their factory posted 7 years ago.

Thanks vulgo, impressive stuff this video

Hello all,

my current hackintosh was built back in 2012 based on GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3. 5 years of good service and now it is time to refresh my build.

I am leaning towards a smaller/quiet (as my previous)/no frills build. Considering Fractal Design Define C Mini, and a mATX mobo, and there is the question.

Since I do not intend to to oClocking, I am considering Gigabyte GA-H270M-DS3H. But I am concerned with lower ratings and 16% 1 start at Amazon and also not better results on Newegg, with lots of people complaining of DoAs, Boot loops, etc.

Any users of such board here (or any mATX 270 Gigabyte one)? Did Gigabyte quality dropped in those 5 years since I bought mine?

Appreciate your opinions.

My own recommendation when buying Gigabyte boards is : do not go with the cheapest ones such as those based on the H110 chipset, as they seem to me to be using inferior hardware components to drive down the cost. Those based on better chipsets B250 / H270 / Z270 should be fine.

I have the board you’re considering. Been running my unraid server for six months. Am currently turning it to a hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back