Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K @4.2-4.4GHz
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Not buying advice as such, but Gigabyte has a new mATX board with slightly different features on it that the P55M-UD2 called the P55M-UD4.
Just a heads up in case anyone is interested in a mATX board with better power regulation and a slightly different slot design.
The board also features the ALC889A audio codec rather than the 888B, not that this should make a huge difference for OSX.
mb_productimage_ga-p55m-ud4_big.jpg

Good post. I would like to add that I have this board, and it is worth the extra 20 or 30 bucks. Just look at the VRM heatsink alone and more power phases than any other p55 board from gigabyte except the top UD6 model!

That being said, if you don't overclock, just get the UD2 and you can use tony's guides and files without any tweaks.

matix said:
Good post. I would like to add that I have this board, and it is worth the extra 20 or 30 bucks. Just look at the VRM heatsink alone and more power phases than any other p55 board from gigabyte except the top UD6 model!

That being said, if you don't overclock, just get the UD2 and you can use tony's guides and files without any tweaks.

Yeah I agree with this, though I have seen some rather high OC's with the UD2 (4.6GHz range). Other than overclocking, the only other need for this board would be if you didn't need the PCI slot for a wireless card and wanted to SLI/Xfire in a Window's environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back