Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-P55M-UD4-F11
CPU
i7-860
Graphics
RX 580
Hi all, this is my first post, :D This seems like a very friendly community.

I'd like some advice on the above mother boards. Here's a comparison link

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Mot ... =3166,3159

As far as I can tell (apart from the form factor) both boards are identical expect for the UD5 having an extra GSATA controller, (hence more sata connectors), & also 1 extra Lan. They even both have 12 phase power VRM, which from what I have read and understood is good for overclocking. So I'm not sure which of these two boards to buy. The price difference is €40, the UD4 €140 & UD5 €180 or should I just ditch them both & go for the P55M-UD2 €96 :crazy: and suffer not having the 889a audio chip.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

- Frank

I would go with either board as they both have the ALC889a CODEC which natively supported in 10.6.3.

Which one depends on do you need or want all of the ports and micro or full size board.

Thanks MacMan, I not too worried about the size of the board, I currently own a mtax any, and have never used the pci slots, and as for ports well I think 7 is more than enough for me. Iwas just wondering if the build quality on the matx are inferior, but after having read a few reviews the MUD4 doesn't seem to be a bad board. Although I do like the look of the MSI GD65, only bugger is the ACL889 CODEC :(

Think I'll do soome more reading before taking the plunge!

Thanks again

-Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back