Contribute
Register

Gigabyte P55A-UD4P

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried every trick I know of regarding USB Mouse/Keyboard not working.

Removed AppleHPET.kext from Extensions
USBBusFix=Yes
USBLegacyOff=Yes
EHCIhard=Yes

Tried turning "Legacy USB" support on/off in BIOS
Tried unplugging and plugging back in to same/different port
Tried USB 3.0 ports
Tried changing USB 3.0 from EHCI to XHCI (the latter prevents me even getting to the grey screen with the pointer)
Tried putting the "legacy" USB kexts directly in the S/L/E folder

Nothing works.

Given the issues many others are having who managed to actually run the installer I'm beginning to think maybe I'm better off just sticking with a perfectly running Snow Leopard system than risk a partially or completely non-functional Mavericks system. :/

And there lies the reason I never upgraded to Lion or ML. Seems like it is not worth the hassle. Until I am ready (and can afford) to build an entirely new system (new mobo/cpu/graphics/etc) I guess I will be stuck with my very stable SL system.

i found the way to make the usb entries to work you just have to install usb rollback from multibeast 4.6.1 to the memory stick via multi beast and the maverick os will enable your mouse and your keyboard and star installing the os

Confirmed! I now have a mouse that works in the installer.

Thanks Proxsis1, what made you think to try that? Also, have you successfully run the installer or does the install fail? I haven't actually tried running it myself.

i found the way to make the usb entries to work you just have to install usb rollback from multibeast 4.6.1 to the memory stick via multi beast and the maverick os will enable your mouse and your keyboard and star installing the os
lt depends what graphics are you going to use and the multibeast installation so it could succeed. and see the info plist information you are going to write.

I also have a P55A-UD4P and an older Graphics card - GT240

I can confirm it's working by using this:

GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 Mode=1920x1200x32 - The resolution is the native setting for my monitor.

From all accounts that I've seen, if you can't get past the Apple screen, it's a graphics card issue.

everything works fine this is a simple guide after you install you enter with the usb stick you copy the extra fodder from the usb stick to the hdd of the os than you use multi beast 6 install chimera 2.1.1 and than audio 889
and then network Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90 and system def depends on your proccessor

Success finally. My problem was i needed to redownload Mavericks form the Store. Everything seems to be working. I had to use -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 to start up on the usb installer and also the first time starting up(before multibeast installtion ) Mavericks installation. Below are my Multibeast setting that I installed. Hope this helps someone..............

Quick Start > UserDSDT - /Users/Steves/Desktop/DSDT.aml
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > With DSDT > ALC889
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820
Drivers > Network > Realtek - Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90
Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States
Customize > Boot Options > GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

Trying to update from "Snow Leopard" 10.6.8 --> "Mavericks" 10.9
So far it's a no-go. Tried boot flags individually, together, none, safe boot - no joy. :/

System: Gigabyte-P55A-UD4P, Intel Core i5 (Socket 1156), 4GB 1066 MHz DDR3, Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT 1024 MB VRAM, 2x1TB Western Digital SATA hard drives, Optiarc DVD RW.

With -v flag it gets to a point where it says the following and stops:
can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController

This is the "High Definition Audio" kext, right? My mobo has the 889 chip that requires the legacy audio, but in the past when updates messed with that kext I just lost my sound until I restored the legacy kext. It's never halted booting before.

With -x flag it stops at a message like:
Single bank of RAM (128)

If I use npci=0x3000, GraphicsEnabler=No, PCIRootUID=0 (solo or in combo) it gets to the point where it should be changing the screen resolution over (the point in SL where my screen briefly turns blue before the login screen). Instead the screen goes blank and all drive activity stops.

I created the USB installer with Legacy USB included (since I seem to need it under SL I assumed I'll need it under Mavericks too).

I didn't change any BIOS settings (perhaps wrongly assumed if SL has been running fine 10.9 would too).

Any suggestions?
i think you are having problems with the graphics card that you are using maybe you should edit this form npci=0x2000, GraphicsEnabler=yes i am using a gt 640 and i didn´t had no problem and it was a clean installation

For those using this motherboard and having issues with no keyboard/mouse when the Unibeast installer comes up . . .

Download the DSDT file for your firmware version from here, rename it DSDT.aml, and put it in the /Extras folder on the Unibeast key after you make the key.

Doing it that way you don't need Legacy USB support or any other older kexts.

*Edit*
I'm attaching a copy of the DSDT file for the F14 Bios for this board, edited to enable audio. This should work for both Mountain Lion and Mavericks, save people a few steps and the hassle of editing it. My audio didn't work with just the Multibeast install, I had to do the edits referenced in this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/67710-ml-how-add-edit-dsdt-hdef.html

Attachments

• DSDT-GA-P55A-UD4P-F14-Audio.aml
    20.4 KB · Views: 147
Another tentative success on this board. Copying your DSDT to the /Extra folder on the UniBeast disk seems to be the key for USB problems; also booting the installer with the -x (Safe Mode) flag. I formatted and did a clean install, then restored apps and home directory from a Time Machine backup.

There are a couple of oddities (my secondary monitor seems to be regarded as the "default" now, despite the fact that the BIOS and Chimera display on the correct one), but otherwise so far so good. I'm running with no kernel flags at all now.

10.8.5 was a nightmare for me, so I'm glad to see that 10.9 is somewhat better behaved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back