Core i7-3970X
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4Gb
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
SUCCESS!!!

I posted this in the other thread for P55A-UD4P systems, but since I actually have the P55-UD4P F10 board, I figured I would share this with anyone that might have a similar system.

Ok, I now have a (AFAIK) fully functioning install! Got sound working, got iCloud and App Store working and my system is now reporting correctly as Core i7-2.80Ghz and my AMD Radeon 6870 is also working correctly AFAIK.

Hopefully these steps will help others...

First, if you are having USB keyboard/mouse issues, put the DSDT.aml file in /Extras on the Unibeast USB. (not sure if Legacy USB option in Unibeast install also helps)

I used the -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 at startup before the Mavericks install and everything went perfect.

I ran Multibeast with the following options:

MultiBeast Configuration - 2013-10-26 06:39:09 -----------------------------------------------------------------
Quick Start > UserDSDT - /DSDT.aml
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > ALC885/889a Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > HDAEnabler Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820
Drivers > Network > Realtek - Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90 Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States
Customize > Boot Options > GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop Customize > Boot Options > PCI Root ID Fix
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display Mode
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1 Customize > Themes > Chameleon 2.2 Default
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the major difference this time, from my other attempts (which I believe fixed my sound) is that I chose Without DSDT > ALC885/889a Drivers. This auto-checked the HDAEnabler. After rebooting my sound was working.

To fix iCloud, AppStore and iMessages I deleted NetworkInterfaces.plist from SystemConfiguration and deleted all network connections from System Preferences tab. This gave me back the Ethernet (en1). Lastly I ran ChameleonWizard to change my MAC ID and rebooted.

So far everything is working except my Apple Keyboard can not be identified and thus I am not able to use the Eject button.

Good luck with Mavericks install and thanks to everyone that helped me out today!

Good to see success with this board! I'm running into troubles with the installer, I see the apple logo it has the spinner for a while, but then the screen goes black, and the monitor says no signal.

I'm thinking I need to add my DSDT.aml to extras, and I have made it so I can see the hidden exta folder on the usb stick. Now, where I put my dsdt? Just directly into that folder, or one of the sub folders. do I rename it to dsdt.aml first (I just re-downloaded it from the dsdt database currently).

Thanks for any tips you can provide!

Rename it DSDT.aml and put it in the /Extras folder (not a sub folder).

With your graphics card you may need to set GraphicsEnabler=Yes in the boot loader.

I used an app called Tinkertool to change the view options so I could see the hidden folders.

http://www.bresink.com/osx/TinkerTool.html

Be sure and download the right version for your OS. Hope that helps.

To just get to the hidden Extras folder, you don't need a utility to unhide anything.

You can just go to the root of the USB key, use the "Go" menu, and select "Go to Folder". In that dialogue box type: Extras/

That will put you in the Extras folder and you can then copy in the DSDT.aml.

Command+Shift+G will also get you the "Go to folder" dialogue box.

Thanks, up and running! I did have to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes and also PCIRootUID=1

Thanks for your help.

Had Mavericks running on my P55-UD4P, except for the sound. Finally after a lot of trial and error used the last archived version of Multibeast, did non-DSDT kext for audio and sound finally worked! Now to get iMessages working if it's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back