Graphics
NVIDIA GTS450
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hil all, I’ve been a member here for a few years but have not messed around with my build the last few years. I was happily chugging along on this hardware build with Mt Lion the last 2 years. But i recently bought a new monitor that required an upgrade to get the native resolution so i had to get Yosemite installed.

I’m running an older build that i think started as a Snow Leopard build 4-5 years ago, all thanks to TonyMac, i hope some folks running older builds will find this useful. Even though this is an older build, i have no need to upgrade, with an SSD these older machines are still perfectly useable. This build was a golden build when it came out, so that made things a little easier to get Yosemite installed.

I was running a GTS-450 the last few years, for Yosemite i upgraded to a GTX 760 because i needed a card that supported DisplayPort. I’m sure that it would’ve worked with the GTS-450 with GraphicsEnabler=Yes (instead of No with the GTX 760). I have to say that this was a relatively painless upgrade, it did take a couple of installs attempts to find the right combination of params, but i didn’t need to mess around with kexts. The iMessage problem may be a deal-breaker for some, but i know lots of people have this issue.

MB: Gigabyte P55-UD4P
CPU: Core i7-860
Graphics Card: GTX 760

Here is a screenshot of the MultiBeast options. And some notes on the install
• booted with the USB stick per Tony’s instructions
• booted with -x
• I used the DSDT file from my current installation as the base for MultiBeast
• install went fine, and the first boot into Yosemite was fine. But it would not boot after applying the standard MultiBeast options. After some research found out that i needed the “10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform Rollback”
• What works
⁃ Sound works (ALC889)
⁃ network works (Realtek ethernet)
⁃ bluetooth works (DLink dongle)
⁃ AppStore software updates
⁃ iTunes sign-in​
• What does not work
⁃ sleep/hibernate (i could never get this to work previously)
⁃ iMessage (this stopped working for me a few months ago, still have not fixed it)​
• Things i have not tested
⁃ continuity hand-off (do i need to fix iMessage first?)​

Attachments

• yosemite-params.tiff
    192.1 KB · Views: 254
Which version of Mt Lion did you come from?
I'm on 10.8.4 and could not get system to upgrade to 10.8.5.
I'm considering making the move to Yosemite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back