Contribute
Register

Gigabyte P55 boards, any success with ML?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hackintosh
CPU
i5
Graphics
nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I have a Gigabyte p55 (see my sig for the specs), has anyboady installed ML with success?
care to share what you did? Thank you!

Got GA-P55M-UD4 and everything except sleep (CMOS Reset after restart) is working perfectly.

P55-USB3 - Can't even create the usb stick.

I got an almost identical system (Gigabyte P55-UD2, i5-750, NVidia 9400GT, 8GB ram) and I'm running ML now.
I've used Unibeast and did an upgrade from Lion and not a clean install.

I had the common problem of no mouse and keyboard at boot, which I solved by moving the mouse cable to a USB hub.
After this, it was recognized and everything went on flawlessly.
Mountain Lion installed over the old Lion installation and the only thing I had to change was the AppleHDA kext.

GA-P55A-UD3 working fine

Hi - I have the same board and am having trouble. When you created your UniBeast USB stick did you tick legacy support?

I only ask as when I boot up to the choose language screen my USB ports do not appear to have any power so I have no mouse or keyboard support...

Glad to hear you have got most of this working. I'm looking forward to getting it up and running...

So far so good. Used UniBeast with the "Legacy USB Support" enabled, worked first try. FakeSMC and the JMicron SATA kexts survived the trip without any problems, all I had to do was patch one plist for Ethernet and re-enable TRIM.

Last test will be to see if my GPU stays stable without CUDA Clock Rate running in the background. Hope these NVIDIA drivers are better than Lion's.

I've now built my installer USB with legacy support and its still not working - no mouse or USB support. I don't understand as other people with my board have got it working!

One thing I have noticed is that if I plug in my installer but let Lion boot to chimera and then choose the USB drive I do get mouse and keyboard support. I don't want to proceed at this point though as once everything is installed the 'working' chimera won't exist and I will be unable to use my mac!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back