GeForce 9400M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello there,

I am planning to build a hackintosh similar to mac pro and have some doubts about gigabyte motherboards.
I saw the ones are recommended on the buyer's guide january, but the cheapest one for mac pro is about 133€.

I was looking for something cheaper to be able to use it with a core i5-4690K or i5-4460. As I plan to use it with Cinema4D, resolume, premiere, after effects I wanted a decent graphic card. I saw the GTX650 2GB at a good price.

So my two questions are:
1. Which cheaper motherboard than the gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H works well with an core i5-4460 or i5-4690K and as well accepts a GTX650 or similar?

2. I saw that the GTX480 has a lot better performance than a GTX650, but it is a quite old card. It is a good idea to go anyway for the GTX480, or I could have compatibility or any other type of problem?

Thanks very much!

1. Which cheaper motherboard than the gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H works well with an core i5-4460 or i5-4690K and as well accepts a GTX650 or similar?
Well, Cheaper mobo's are normally h boards, If you dont go with a Z board, you might as well forget the 4690k, as h boards dont overclock barley at all

Thanks very much for your answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back