gts450 1GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I'm new to hackintoshes and I'm looking for advice on which motherboard to choose for my build.

From searching and researching a bit it seems like all of the components I have to today should be supported. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

• CPU: Intel i5 2500k
  • RAM: 2 x 4GB Corsair XMS3 DD3-1333
  • GPU: Asus GTS 450 1GB
  • SSD: Intel 320 120GB
  • HDD: Samsung 2TB
  • Monitor: Dell U2711 using DVI

I do photography and video so I really need the Adobe Creative suite to work perfectly with CUDA support. I also need USB3 to work and it'd be great if ethernet worked out of the box. And I'm probably going to upgrade to an i7 cpu in the future and more RAM.

I've looked at some of the Z77 boards from Gigabyte. Should I look into any other options or would any of the Z77 boards work? Or possibly another chipset?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Christian

Hi,

I'm new to hackintoshes and I'm looking for advice on which motherboard to choose for my build.

From searching and researching a bit it seems like all of the components I have to today should be supported. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

• CPU: Intel i5 2500k
  • RAM: 2 x 4GB Corsair XMS3 DD3-1333
  • GPU: Asus GTS 450 1GB
  • SSD: Intel 320 120GB
  • HDD: Samsung 2TB
  • Monitor: Dell U2711 using DVI

I do photography and video so I really need the Adobe Creative suite to work perfectly with CUDA support. I also need USB3 to work and it'd be great if ethernet worked out of the box. And I'm probably going to upgrade to an i7 cpu in the future and more RAM.

I've looked at some of the Z77 boards from Gigabyte. Should I look into any other options or would any of the Z77 boards work? Or possibly another chipset?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Christian
Go with the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128498&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=4902415&SID= with that parts list.

If you want to go with the Z77 boards, take a look at the Customac buyers guide for 2012 - http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/search/label/CustoMac

I bought a Gigabyte ga-B75M-D3H board and installed my system tonight.

I think I've gotten most up and running - sound, ethernet and graphics seems to work without problems. I still have to boot with PCIRootUID=0 though.

Have to get some sleep now, will update tomorrow. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back