Contribute
Register

Gigabyte MD80-TM0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

As I plan to update my now almost 8 years old MacPro 4.1, I was looking for a real boost for a decent price.
I get a nice opportunity to get my hands on a Gigabyte MD80-TM0 motherboard.
I love it because of some features : dual CPU of course ; 24 slots for RAM ; 10Gbps network ; M.2 slot integrated...

I don't think I have seen any posts about that MoBo in here :(
Or anywhere else about this used in a hackintosh (but I did basic searches).

So two quick questions to the hackintosh pro's that are reading this :
- are Gigabyte motherboards generally known to be decent bases for a Hackintosh ?
- is there any particular reason this MoBo should not be chosen as a base for a Hackintosh ?

Thanks a lot for your thoughts...

Regards.

Hi guys,

As I plan to update my now almost 8 years old MacPro 4.1, I was looking for a real boost for a decent price.
I get a nice opportunity to get my hands on a Gigabyte MD80-TM0 motherboard.
I love it because of some features : dual CPU of course ; 24 slots for RAM ; 10Gbps network ; M.2 slot integrated...

I don't think I have seen any posts about that MoBo in here :(
Or anywhere else about this used in a hackintosh (but I did basic searches).

So two quick questions to the hackintosh pro's that are reading this :
- are Gigabyte motherboards generally known to be decent bases for a Hackintosh ?
- is there any particular reason this MoBo should not be chosen as a base for a Hackintosh ?

Thanks a lot for your thoughts...

Regards.
What will be your primary use for this system?

I did some research about this motherboard and find out, that it hasn´t inbuild audio, so you need to buy compatible hardware.
The ethernet is Intel X540, maybe this thread can help you: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/intel-x540-at2-other-10gbe-cards.93926/

Hi,

Goal of the system would to set-up a more than decently fast build server for me and some friends/users.
So basically, a machine that would brunch stuff to compile so we have an app as an output...
Today, a build takes about 90 minutes on my MacPro and uses all available resources.
Tomorrow, I hope to be able to have the same result... but with 3 parallel builds, which happens quite frequently for now.
For this : loads of RAM and super fast CPU's required !

Audio is not really important, but from what I understand, I would have to use a PCI Slot for that ?
That wouldn't be the best as this MoBo is already low on PCI slots (not that it needs that much as equipped as it is).

And thanks for the link about the Network card.
Will take time to read...

Would you have any other suggestion for a really well supported dual CPU MoBo ?

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Hi,

As a follow up : the guy who was offering the MoBo lowered it's price.
So I can get it for 360€ which would be about 395$ I think... Which I consider decent.

I also found a Phanteks Enthoo Primo case for the MoBo for 120€ (135$) including shipping.

I now need to find a power supply, some RAM, a GPU and 2 Xeon CPU's...

Any recommendation to go on the safest side ?

Regards.

any luck on this? I'm interested in this motherboard as well but can't seem to find it anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back