Contribute
Register

Gigabyte is working on UEFI-BIOS for Z68 & P67 (no 3D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right donr this update everthing cool no dsdt but have u run geekbench in the free 32 bit mode my 2500k is only hitting 4450 and was hitting 11500 with out ssdt with stock ssdt and with the over clock any ideas

Just ugraded to U1h(UEFI BIOS) on my Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3. Everything seems to work fine.

Made a DSDT for H3000 HDMI/DisplayPort Audio, which I attach to this posting. Audio via HDMI seems to work perfectly, using MultiBeast's 4.6.1 'Patched AppleHDA' Kext.

Use on your own risk - I am not a DSDT expert and just painted by numbers, using the info on that forum. :think:

Attachments

• DSDT_GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3_U1h.aml
    41.2 KB · Views: 136
As I need a DSDT for HDMI Audio, will I benefit of the UEFI improvements (faster boot, better power manager...) if I upgrade my bios ?

You can still use a DSDT with UEFI, but you don't have to...
And yes, of course you'd benefit from all the other improvements that UEFI brings, as it has nothing to do with OS X as such.

racingralph2009 said:
Just ugraded to U1h(UEFI BIOS) on my Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3. Everything seems to work fine.

Made a DSDT for H3000 HDMI/DisplayPort Audio, which I attach to this posting. Audio via HDMI seems to work perfectly, using MultiBeast's 4.6.1 'Patched AppleHDA' Kext.

Use on your own risk - I am not a DSDT expert and just painted by numbers, using the info on that forum. :think:

works all? 1.3 board?

thelostswede said:
You can still use a DSDT with UEFI, but you don't have to...
And yes, of course you'd benefit from all the other improvements that UEFI brings, as it has nothing to do with OS X as such.

My speedstep don't work without SSDT on UA5. How to use speed step without SSDT for me? What can be done on my config?

Red32 said:
My speedstep don't work without SSDT on UA5. How to use speed step without SSDT for me? What can be done on my config?

In Bios
>Advanced frequency settings
>Advanced cpu core features

Check with msrdumper.kext

RW

Attachments

• IMG_0260.jpg
    IMG_0260.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 5,147
After a lot of testing I found that the Beta versions are a little different with the way some settings are controlled. The 1UA seems to be unstable with certain selections such as PCI and Turbo Frequencies.

I still have problems with my sleep from time to time...... Shut down is also a bit unstable at some points, leaving power on. I can't seem to find the solution to the problem yet. I'm waiting to do a clean installation. I will report back with my findings......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back