Contribute
Register

Gigabyte is working on UEFI-BIOS for Z68 & P67 (no 3D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what kexts do you guys use? fakesmc and all that?

I've tried this with nothing installed but Chimera and I can't get sleep to work, although I couldn't get it working in lion even with a DSDT :(

Thanks for the warning Gordo. :confused:

Aside from that. Can anyone confirm a working auto sleep with UEFI and z68x ud3h board?

I've got fully working Gigabyte Z68AP-D3+Core i7-2700k on FD BIOS using PXHCD kext for USB 3.0, NVDAHal.kext for my Asus GTX560 Ti, some USB->EHCI edits for tonymacx DSDT, using Multibeast with Mac Pro 3,1, FakeSMC, AppleCPUPowerManagement for 10.7.4(I wanna note that version 4.6.1 is not removing NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, I did this manually) and Core i7 SSDT. System is very stable, sleep mode is available, powermanagement is fine. SpeedStep works fine.

Now I wanna use Lion 10.7.4 with UEFI BIOS UA5 without any side kexts. I recieved panic: bsd process corresponding to current thread unknown
I deleted PXHCD, some ATI drivers, the kext for my RME Fireface UC, removed SSDT, DSDT, smbios, setted up many stuff in UEFI BIOS to disable, excpet HPET, Virtualization, legacy USB. No Voodoo kexts at all.

After that I'm stuck with Waiting for DSMOS and Realtek mac-address line. I don't know exactly, but it seems that not all the not native kext were removed. I've tried FakeSMC but there is no effect with it. I don't wanna reinstall, there are a lot things to install. How to remove all not native kexts? Native kexts are Apple% and IO%Family ?

If somebody had such issues, maybe you'll ask soloution. I've tried many things.

BTW, there is a way to get award after UEFI. There is utility "BACKTOAWARD". Use it with DOS boot flash with this utility and BIOS you want to use. If you have dual bios it will be recovered from award to uefi duplicate.

Solved. Kernel panic was because of DSDT.aml for FD bios. And Waiting for DSMOS was because I deleted smbios.plist. I'm gonna try SSDT.aml and to check speed step.

SSDT is needed to run Speedstep on my motherboard+processor. I also use UEFI dsdt.aml. I solved all warnings(there were no errors lol). It can be useful to solve two warnings like
/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 11309: Method (_HID, 0, NotSerialized)
Warning 1088 - Not all control paths return a value ^ (_HID)

/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 11309: Method (_HID, 0, NotSerialized)
Warning 1081 - Reserved method must return a value ^ (_HID)

Solved with this:
If (TCMF)
{}
to:
If (TCMF)
{Return (Zero)}

Migration successful! Thanks to this site a lot!

Confirmed all working without Dsdt & Ssdt.
All Turbo and regular states are the same.
Just had to put Hdaenabler889.kext in extra to get audio working.
Sleep works ok, but mouse reconnect problem with Belkin Bt module. Looks like there's some usb wake error.

RW

EDIT. Just added new mouse batteries (was 36% left o_O ), Now it works on wake

timbck2 said:
I installed the UEFI BIOS on one of my GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 systems last night, and it's an unmitigated disaster so far. :banghead: I got an immediate KP (which I sort of expected, since the DSDT no longer matches the hardware). Then I renamed the DSDT to DSDT.aml.backup and now I have it to the point where if I boot from a UniBeast USB key then boot from the hard drive with -x -v, it will get most of the way through the boot then give me the dreaded "Waiting for boot device" forever. I haven't had time to troubleshoot very much yet, but here's what I set in the BIOS settings (from memory, as I'm at work):

Optimized defaults
SATA -> AHCI
HPET on (there's no longer a 32/64 option)

I also played with the boot order some, but I guess that isn't relevant so far, as I'm using F12 to choose the USB to boot from.

Any pointers/hints are greatly appreciated!

What DSDT are you using? Do Not use the DSDT from any other version of BIOS(old one).
Boot normal without USB stick, and stop Chimera at the timeout. Drop the DSDT all together if it is not the right version. DSDT=skfjghskfj or if that doesn't work try DSDT=/dev/null at the Chimera screen to drop the DSDT for testing. Once booted, if everything is okay, move your DSDT out of the Extra file so that it doesn't boot with it.

timbck2 said:
I did drop the DSDT by renaming it in /Extra to "DSDT.aml.backup". I'll try booting with DSDT=/dev/null in Chimera this evening. Thanks.

Check it out: you have to turn off Erp, turn off Marvell stuff, turn off super IO Config (for LPTE, COM). In power management don't use anything except HPET and instant power on.

But I think the main cause is uncompability of your ATA controller kext. Remove for maximum all side kexts. If it'll not help you, maybe it will better for you to plug your sata disk to zero port. PCIRootUID=1 -f after all. Maybe UseKernelCache=No. Rebuild cache after the boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back