Contribute
Register

Gigabyte is working on UEFI-BIOS for Z68 & P67 (no 3D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, you don't know what you're doing.
VirtuMVP works just fine with the Z68 boards, the question is if Gigabyte has supplied a licence with your board or not, but you can still use it in trial mode.
If it can't detect the IGP, then have you 1. set it to be enabled in the BIOS/UEFI at the same time as the discrete graphics card is enabled and 2. did you install the drivers for it in Windows?
If you haven't done that, of course it won't work.

thelostswede said:
Dude, you don't know what you're doing.
VirtuMVP works just fine with the Z68 boards, the question is if Gigabyte has supplied a licence with your board or not, but you can still use it in trial mode.
If it can't detect the IGP, then have you 1. set it to be enabled in the BIOS/UEFI at the same time as the discrete graphics card is enabled and 2. did you install the drivers for it in Windows?
If you haven't done that, of course it won't work.

sorry for not being clear. in the download drivers section of my board on the gigabyte website, there is NO DRIVER FOR HD3000. on top of that, THERE IS NO OPTION IN THE BIOS TO ENABLE THE iGPU. if you look here: http://www.gigabyte.com/microsite/279/i ... odels.html

you can see that Virtu is not a feature of the Z68X-UD4-B3 :(

if I'm wrong, then please correct me and I will test accordingly. but that's what I know so far...

thelostswede said:
Sorry, you have on of the original boards, yes, there's a hardware limitation on those, there's actually no power going to the IGP and as such it's pretty much useless. :thumbdown:

that's what I'm trying to say. if Gigabyte somehow finds a way around this... I doubt it though :(

I don't think you're following.
The first batch of Z68 boards from Gigabyte were pretty much the same as their P67 boards, but with the Z68 chipset, as the two are pin compatible.
As such, the power components that provide power to the integrated graphics are not physically on those boards.
I.e. there's no way to make it work, as the IGP doesn't even power on. :thumbdown:

thelostswede said:
I don't think you're following.
The first batch of Z68 boards from Gigabyte were pretty much the same as their P67 boards, but with the Z68 chipset, as the two are pin compatible.
As such, the power components that provide power to the integrated graphics are not physically on those boards.
I.e. there's no way to make it work, as the IGP doesn't even power on. :thumbdown:

Oh ok. yeah, I checked the iGPU wattage when I had the computer in Windows 7, and it said 0.1W... :thumbdown: Gigabyte.

It was a "first to market" decision by the company, maybe not the smartest move, but a lot of people don't use the IGP graphics.
I guess you could get a P CPU to put in there, as it has no graphics and get a different board to use with the IGP, but that costs money...

thelostswede said:
The AC Back setting is related to what the system should do if there's a power failure. Setting it to memory means it'll automatically switch back on when the power is restored if it was on, or stay off if it was already turned off.

After more testing with different settings I find that the computer won't wake unless the AC Back setting is memory. I agree with what you have said thelostswede but I thought I would post my finding.....

Hmm... that's really odd, but I guess it's good for people to know about this.
The only downside of this is that if there's an actual power outage, the system will switch back on if it was on before the power outage.

uukk said:
hackintoshx86 said:
Please report back! I am interested to see if you have the same problems or have a solution to the sleep!

I have a little problem with the turbo frequency.
With SSDT (standard for i7) and the multipler to 34 (default setting) the core freq go up to 3,5 (instead 3,8).
I have made some changes (set the multiple to 38) but the freq stop to 3,5.

What changes have you made in the UEFI BIOS for the record? Does your system sleep/wake, shutdown and restart?

Are you still having problems with the Turbo frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back