Contribute
Register

Gigabyte is working on UEFI-BIOS for Z68 & P67 (no 3D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MacMan said:
I created this blog post last year for an easy way to install FreeDOS on a USB stick: http://macmanx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/c ... ck-on.html no VM required.

Tried this method MacMan.... I have tried both versions available on the FreeDOS site. Burnt the .iso images to disk. I have also changed my BIOS settings to optimized defaults to see if it would boot. When I choose boot CD/DVD I don't get anything besides the Loading Operating System and Boot CD/DVD.

I'm going report here on some of my results with the UEFI BIOS.

Installed the BIOS as per the directions in this thread.

Works AMAZING with no DSDT and the Audio Injector for 889 by toleda!

Sleep/Wake problems. Looking into the solution.

EDIT: Sleep working fine now! I reloaded the optimized defaults and made all the changes again and it seems to work!

hackintoshx86 said:

nice. would like to hear more from you, because I have the same board. I'm thinking about waiting for an official release tho...

hackintosh1997 said:
hackintoshx86 said:

nice. would like to hear more from you, because I have the same board. I'm thinking about waiting for an official release tho...

The BIOS U1A seems to be very stable for a beta version. Start up times are a lot faster do to the new way the AHCI BIOS is loaded. UEFI BIOS options are very different to the AWARD version. I will post screen shots of the difference so some people can see what they are into.
The Firewire GUIDE error has disappeared. Bluetooth Module is responding better.
I did NOT have a problem with Time Machine, it still backs up properly to the same location.
I haven't been able to figure out the wake problem yet. The computer sleeps fine but won't start up the display during the wake process. I have to look into the log errors to find out more.

Does anyone know why my sleep isn't working? Maybe I over looked some options in the BIOS. Or maybe a beta BIOS problem that may be resolved at a later time?!?

BIOS Changes:

Loaded optimized defaults first then made these changes.....

UPDATE:

-IDE SATA Controllers to AHCI
-Set memory (Profile1)
-Init. Display (PCI first)
-Set Time and Date
-AC Back (Always Off)

EDIT: Sleep working fine now! I reloaded the optimized defaults and made all the changes again and it seems to work!

Lion 10.7.4

hackintoshx86 said:
hackintosh1997 said:
hackintoshx86 said:

The BIOS U1A seems to be very stable for a beta version. Start up times are a lot faster do to the new way the AHCI BIOS is loaded. UEFI BIOS options are very different to the AWARD version. I will post screen shots of the difference so some people can see what they are into.
The Firewire GUIDE error has disappeared. Bluetooth Module is responding better.
I did NOT have a problem with Time Machine, it still backs up properly to the same location.
I haven't been able to figure out the wake problem yet. The computer sleeps fine but won't start up the display during the wake process. I have to look into the log errors to find out more.

Does anyone know why my sleep isn't working? Maybe I over looked some options in the BIOS. Or maybe a beta BIOS problem that may be resolved at a later time?!?

Changes in BIOS from optimized defaults:
-changed IDE to AHCI
-init. first to PCI from auto
-Set memory profile 1

Lion 10.7.4

things that help with sleep:
change init. first to PCIe 16x, not PCI
acpi suspend type: S3(STR)
no-execute memory protect: enabled
hdd s.m.a.r.t. capability: enabled
enable turbo boost and disable real-time ratio changes in OS
enable all CPU power features (C1E C3 C6 Thermal Monitor EIST)
don't change Bi-Directional Prochot, leave it on auto

that's what I did, at least in F10 BIOS with the same board as you. Good luck! :headbang:
P.S. please report back on whether this works!

that's what I did, at least in F10 BIOS with the same board as you. Good luck! :headbang:

Thanks for your help! I will try all the options related to what you have posted. I will try to post screenshots after work today of the power management options. The menu options are COMPLETELY different. I have also noticed that the BIOS won't hold the PCI init display first. (NO PCIe 16x option anymore) This could be part of the SLI problem with the beta bios. As well as over clocking Sandy's with core settings won't work right now. I can't be 100% sure on all the options and features that are going to be released with the UEFI as it is a beta version.

Thanks Again for your help!
Any input is appreciated on this experiment with the new UEFI :headbang:

hackintoshx86 said:

I will try to put the new beta UEFI as soon as possible.

:beachball:

hackintoshx86 said:

Thanks for your help! I will try all the options related to what you have posted. I will try to post screenshots after work today of the power management options. The menu options are COMPLETELY different. I have also noticed that the BIOS won't hold the PCI init display first. (NO PCIe 16x option anymore) This could be part of the SLI problem with the beta bios. As well as over clocking Sandy's with core settings won't work right now. I can't be 100% sure on all the options and features that are going to be released with the UEFI as it is a beta version.

Thanks Again for your help!

Hmm that seems a bit strange that the overclocking is not working properly... I have looked at a Z68X-UD3H-B3 UEFI before, and to me, the layout is completely different (obviously), but the old menus still have the old names, and the old settings are still under their old sub sections. At least that's from what I'm seeing, but it should be interesting :thumbup:

uukk said:
hackintoshx86 said:

I will try to put the new beta UEFI as soon as possible.

:beachball:

Please report back! I am interested to see if you have the same problems or have a solution to the sleep!

Not the greatest pics sorry o_O I will print the screens later on and post....

Attachments

• IMG_0235.JPG
    IMG_0235.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 9,360
  • IMG_0241.JPG
    IMG_0241.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,251
  • IMG_0231.JPG
    IMG_0231.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,421
Status
Not open for further replies.