Contribute
Register

Gigabyte is working on UEFI-BIOS for Z68 & P67 (no 3D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just sent a support "mail" to the German Gigabyte support team (as I''m from germany) and I hope they'll help me.
My 2nd pc, the A-M-D machine, has a MSI K9A2 CF, which was released in 2007 and got it's last bios update in nov. 2010. It's bios is from AMI and boots up really fast, including AHCI drive detection. I could even run a 6-core cpu on it. (Of course not as fast as an i7) THAT'S what I call sustainable!
Shame on you, Intel! :D

Nevermind.. maybe they'll release sort of a "speed-up-fix". That would be awesome.

assoricks :thumbup:

Re: U1h(UEFI BIOS) - Z68X-UD3H-B3

ferdini said:
Have made the test on a Z68X-UD3H-B3 rev.1 and no luck.
Used a usb key to install and then reinstalled with "end" key.
Windows 7 is Ok and Ubuntu 12.04 too but XP in virtualbox works only in safe mode. Strange.
And lion has KP with powermanagement.
This can be solved.
So i think to go back using BACK_2_AWARD.zip :
http://www.mediafire.com/?8zjilcl8ntc1m93
There is a video too :
http://www.mediafire.com/?1h4ar9ah1yz7c1e
AWARD.avi

Everything working fine here with new UEFI bios but without DSDT like I said previously, maybe try removing AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from windows see if it fixes your kp.

assoricks said:
thelostswede said:
assoricks said:
Hi there!
I'd like to ask GIGAYBTE if they'll ever release an UEFI-Bios for my GA-H55M-UD2H socket 1156 board. My (dumb) question : Which email should I use to contact them?

assoricks :?

Highly unlikely, as they've pretty much dropped support for the 5-series chipsets by now.

Yeah, you're right, but maybe... Nevermind.. I'll just try it.
If they say "No" I'll tell them that I'll never buy any of their products again.
How can they ship a board with such a horrible bios? Is there no QA for that?
I mean, my board is 1.5 years old and half a year later support was dropped. Way too fast imo.

assoricks :banghead: :banghead:

I asked them about the GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3, and this is the response I got today:

There's a high possibility for the release of UEFI Bios for this motherboard, unfortunately we do not have a solid release date for now, please check back our site often.

Running 10.7.4 with GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev 1.0) and i5 2500k and 6870 GPU and I just took the plunge as well. Deleted DSDT and SSDT and all works as before, except geekbench score has dropped from 12200 (oc to 4.2) to 4800.

I have loaded default, set ide to ACHI and running default CPU speed. Geekbench score without OC is about 8800, normally, but now it`s 4800.

Is there a fix?

slarsah said:
Running 10.7.4 with GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev 1.0) and i5 2500k and 6870 GPU and I just took the plunge as well. Deleted DSDT and SSDT and all works as before, except geekbench score has dropped from 12200 (oc to 4.2) to 4800.

I have loaded default, set ide to ACHI and running default CPU speed. Geekbench score without OC is about 8800, normally, but now it`s 4800.

Is there a fix?
Put Back the SSDT on 10.7.3 working well without SSDT but on 10.7.4 see needs back i dont now why..

beelzebozo said:
Audio device, in this case ALC 889, shows up as internal as well. :thumbup:

How do,it that ? i have 889 and must use the same kexts like before..

UPDATE
slarsah said:
Oh, and one more problem:
I don't have any sound either. I use external speakers through the mini jack plug.
Use the same kexts like before for your sound card or make the right choice of the output on system preferences.

My system is GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, i5-2500k, EVGA-NVIDIA G210, 16 GB RAM. I JUST UPGRADED TO THE BETA UEFI BIOS AND AFTER AN INITIAL COUPLE OF REBOOTS INTO WINDOWS IT WORKED WELL.
INITIALLY ON OS X LION 10.7.4 THERE WAS KP AND THEN I REALIZED THAT I HAD NOT RE-ENABLED EIST IN BIOS. AFTER THAT EVERYTHING WORKED WELL WITHOUT A DSDT EXCEPT FOR THE SOUND FOR WHICH I INSTALLED THE NON-DSDT HDA ENABLER IN MULTIBEAST 4.6.1
SO FAR, EVERYTHING IS WORKING.

So, Gigabyte is planning on implementing UEFI on as many boards as possible, as long as the boards have enough flash memory.
It's not something that's done over night as with every motherboard maker, they have a limited amount of BIOS/UEFI engineers and as such they're prioritising the models that have sold in greater quantity first, since as such they can reach more users.
So if it's not out for your board now, give it some time, as it's likely to come sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back