Contribute
Register

Gigabyte is working on UEFI-BIOS for Z68 & P67 (no 3D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: U1h(UEFI BIOS) - Z68X-UD3H-B3

Jamesbond007 said:
mmaenpaa said:
U1h for Z68X-UD3H-B3 is a release version, not a beta. U1e was a beta version for that board.

Oh? In my experience, Gigabyte BIOS names with lower case letters are beta (at least that was the case) and so U1h should be beta rather than release. Are you sure?

U1h is not listed as a beta and it's shown together with normal release versions. http://www.gigabyte.com/products/produc ... =3973#bios

limiter121 said:
I updated my Z68X-UD3H-B3 rev 1.3 to the UEFI BIOS and it works with my Lion 10.7.4 with the Ivy Bridge kernel (I have the i7 3770K CPU).
Power management works native (I didn't try sleep/wake, but no KP at boot without using DSDT or NullCPUP..).

did you have to do the Run BridgeHelper targeting USB routine?

Hallgrim said:
limiter121 said:
I updated my Z68X-UD3H-B3 rev 1.3 to the UEFI BIOS and it works with my Lion 10.7.4 with the Ivy Bridge kernel (I have the i7 3770K CPU).
Power management works native (I didn't try sleep/wake, but no KP at boot without using DSDT or NullCPUP..).

If you are doing a fresh install from a USB drive, then yes. I had Lion installed before I upgraded my BIOS, so I just had to boot without a DSDT to make it work again.

limiter121 said:
Hallgrim said:
limiter121 said:

If you are doing a fresh install from a USB drive, then yes. I had Lion installed before I upgraded my BIOS, so I just had to boot without a DSDT to make it work again.

i have the exact same board , do you suggest i flash the bios before installing 10.7.4?

also the flash procedure, is it done via the bios with a usb thumb drive?

Here's the official info as of today. There are 5 beta UEFIs available for these models:

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 - U1h (available here: http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product ... =3973#bios)
GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 - U1a
GA-Z68AP-D3 (rev.2.x) - UA5
GA-Z68P-DS3 (rev.2.x) - UA5
GA-Z68M-D2H - U1f

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28 ... post430392

Note- these are beta and require a special utility to flash. I don't recommend this for new users. I have not attempted, as I don't have any of these boards, but I'm assuming this will bring native power management and DSDT-Free operation akin to the Z77/H77 boards.

See Here: viewtopic.php?t=56617&p=351874

BE WARNED!!- you CANNOT flash back to the Award BIOS if you flash the AMI UEFI BIOS.

tonymacx86 said:
I don't recommend this for new users. I have not attempted, as I don't have any of these boards, but I'm assuming this will bring native power management and DSDT-Free operation akin to the Z77/H77 boards.
What will it bring to the Z68 boards? Aside from a GUI, supporting 3+ TB drives, and we can no longer use older OSes that won't work using EFI. (Goodbye Windows XP?)

I would have loved to get an UEFI-BIOS for my GA-H55M-UD2H (Socket 1156).
The included Bios is just crap. It's damn slow detecting drives. When I do a reboot, it sometimes even turns of the PSU, waits ~5 seconds and then it turns the PSU on again and needs like 10 seconds to at least initialize the display, mouse and keyboard. Then it takes a while to find all my drives and then it *finally* load chimera. It's soooo fu**ing slow. I really regret that i bought this board. What about other motherboards? Are the new ones all that slow? My second PC is an A-M-D one with an Athlon 6000+ CPU from ~2007 or so. Booting is so much faster. (And yes, it has AHCI too.) It would be awesome to get an hacked UEFI-Bios for my board. Maybe this would speed up the boot process. But I guess it'll never happen.

Sorry for that little rant. I'm just fed up with this motherboard. :x

assoricks :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

tonymacx86 said:
Here's the official info as of today. There are 5 beta UEFIs available for these models:

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 - U1h (available here: http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product ... =3973#bios)
GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 - U1a
GA-Z68AP-D3 (rev.2.x) - UA5
GA-Z68P-DS3 (rev.2.x) - UA5
GA-Z68M-D2H - U1f

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28 ... post430392

Note- these are beta and require a special utility to flash. I don't recommend this for new users. I have not attempted, as I don't have any of these boards, but I'm assuming this will bring native power management and DSDT-Free operation akin to the Z77/H77 boards.

See Here: viewtopic.php?t=56617&p=351874

BE WARNED!!- you CANNOT flash back to the Award BIOS if you flash the AMI UEFI BIOS.
You wouldn't recommend me flashing then I have GA-Z68A-D3H-B3

Why did they leave out X58 </3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back