Contribute
Register

Gigabyte is working on UEFI-BIOS for Z68 & P67 (no 3D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sonicseamus said:
You won't need a dsdt, but there are reasons why you might want one, for example HDMI audio in my case.
I use external audio interfaces. What are the other reasons?
No need for SSDT either? No hassles with Speedstep, CPU frequency not locked at 1.6GHz?

Anything else that must/can be safely removed?

MacMan said:
Once they are officially released we will have DSDTs for them.
Z68X-UD3H-B3 U1h is the official release. EDIT: Turns out it was a beta version but a officially released one. Gigabyte said they will add the BETA label to point that out.

Would I move DSDT.aml out of the Extra folder and leave SSDT.aml and org.chameleon.Boot.plist as they are?

MacMan, I'm ready to make this machine a guinea-pig with your suggestions.

linw said:
MacMan said:
Once they are officially released we will have DSDTs for them.
Z68X-UD3H-B3 U1h is the official release. Would I move DSDT.aml out of the Extra folder and leave SSDT.aml and org.chameleon.Boot.plist as they are?

MacMan, I'm ready to make this machine a guinea-pig with your suggestions.
That is a beta release as it ends in a letter. The final official version will be U1.

MacMan said:
That is a beta release as it ends in a letter. The final official version will be U1.
Really? There used to be a red colored disclaimer next to any beta versions but U1h is up there next to the older official BIOSes.
I just asked Gigabyte to sort it out whether it should be marked as a beta release.

beelzebozo said:
Confirmed to work with my GIGABYTE z68x-UDH3-B3 version 1.0.

UEFI Bios version U1h(UEFI BIOS).

1. I used files here to create a bootable DOS USB drive. You can follow the these instructions:

http://www.bay-wolf.com/usbmemstick.htm

2. Download the z68x-UDH3-B3 version 1.0 or 1.3 UEFI bios depending on your motherboard version: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3853#bios
Extract the downloaded .exe bios to the USB thumb drive that you formatted.

3. Restart with the USB drive plugged in. It should automatically start the bios erase/write process. I've included some screenshots below:

4. Once you power on your PC, you'll need to set your SATA Mode Selection to AHCI. You can also hit the F7 key to load optimized settings.

5. Hit the F10 key to save and exit. You should be able to boot OS X after that.

Thanks for the instructions! I downloaded the package on the Gigabyte site and opened it on my laptop to see what it was about (Windows is on my laptop), and it wouldn't open since my Windows on the laptop is x64. I was like... well crap.

So thanks for reminding me how to do this! I've only updated the bios on my main computer a couple of times, so it's easy to forget!

jwkuo87 said:
Running 10.7.3 with GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev 1.0) and i5 2500k and HD3000 and I just took the plunge as well. Deleted DSDT and SSDT and all works well. Upped the VRAM to 512 MB (couldnt do that with the F12 bios). Had occasional crashes while watching youtube clips before.. haven't diagnosed this issue yet. Pretty much forgotten all the stuff I've done prior to UEFI (regarding edits and so forth) but it booted without issues and manual sleep is working and so is usb/ethernet after wake. Audio seems to be working as well. Taskbar is translucent so QE/CI is working. Not really sure about the rest though.

Any stuff I should be aware of without DSDT/SSDT?

So is this new bios supposed to make a difference with the usb 3.0? That's one of my main concerns. Would love to use my external wb backup drive and my new corsair survivor (both 3.0) to their full capabilities.

linw said:
beelzebozo said:
I used files here to create a bootable DOS USB drive. You can follow the these instructions:
http://www.bay-wolf.com/usbmemstick.htm
I don't like to install Windows to format a bootable DOS drive. ;)
http://honeypot.net/2011/10/11/making-dos-usb-images-on-a-mac/

Ah, that's why I keep Windows on my laptop. Issues such as this and for modifying my Android phone. There are a couple of tools for Mac for the Android phones now, but the Windows versions are more established and stable.

(Also, sorry about the multi posts, I would have multi quoted, but I didn't know that I wanted to reply to all 3 of those posts :p)

Sleep mode not working after updating to UEFI Bios (z68x UD3H B3)rev1.3
we definitely need for new DSDT solution..

i tried to compile new DSDT from here (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35559)
but the motherboard's specific patch from the list is not working for UEFI Bios, gives errors and making Kernel Panic.

p.s
getting lower geek bench score without DSDT (easy beast)
Decreased from 12,000 to 11,600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back