Contribute
Register

Gigabyte is working on UEFI-BIOS for Z68 & P67 (no 3D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did also update my bios to UEFI.
All seems to work fine with mountain lion without dsdt, but sleep isn't working anymore.. grrrr

It was working with Bios F12, except for the fact that sometimes my usb ports weren't working after wake. Couldn't find a solution so decided to try the UEFI rom.
All is OK for OSX and for Windows 7 x64 but now in OSX sleep doesn't work anymore.

When I try to put system to sleep, it turns off the monitor and i hear the disks shutting down but then it just stays on.
Only way to 'wake' it again is holding down power button to turn it completely off and then reboot...

Anyone has a suggestion what I can try to make it work?

I have the same board as you but "singj" one post above is able to get his to work. It is a slightly different model but that should not really make a difference. Maybe you to could share Bios settings? I won't update mine until I know yours is going to work to.

It looks like you both have different processors? Maybe a different smbios profile could resolve it rather than Bios settings? I have the I7-2600K and soon will install Mountain Lion.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hardware-...ng-uefi-bios-z68-p67-no-3d-19.html#post417158

Just to clarify, sleep/wake works EXCEPT auto sleep (display sleeps but not computer). I am able to manually sleep and wake the machine without issue.

** BUT ** introducing a PCI Firewire card into the equation (I've tried 2 - a TI-based Syba and the StarTech I mentioned, above) immediately causes the symptoms you describe. With the Syba card, my computer was unable to wake from sleep. With the StarTech card, it sleeps and then immediately wakes (in ML & Windows 7). Also, with the StarTech card, attempting to shut down the computer instead reboots the machine.

I'm curious if the people having problems have PCIe cards installed in their machines. My PCIe wireless card seems fine, but the Firewire cards seem to be causing a world of hurt.

After a lot of testing with BIOS settings I have NOT found a solution to the Sleep/Wake problem with the UEFI BIOS version I am using (U1a). Boot looping resets as well.

Current BIOS settings..... No Sleep/Wake

- IDE to AHCI
- Profile 1
- CPU features Auto
- EHCI Hand-Off Enabled
- Init. PEG First
- Marvell GSata Controller Disabled
- Super IO Chip Disabled

I am using a ALPHA/BETA version U1a UEFI BIOS for the Z68X-UD4-B3. This version does not have a lot of options (ex. PCI controlling and Wake on LAN) that are released in the official versions.

This might be part of the reason why other users with the UEFI BIOS (ex. U1h) are having success with the Sleep/Wake.

I would suggest if you are using the same board as me to wait for an official version on the Gigabyte website.

I did also update my bios to UEFI.
All seems to work fine with mountain lion without dsdt, but sleep isn't working anymore.. grrrr

It was working with Bios F12, except for the fact that sometimes my usb ports weren't working after wake. Couldn't find a solution so decided to try the UEFI rom.
All is OK for OSX and for Windows 7 x64 but now in OSX sleep doesn't work anymore.

When I try to put system to sleep, it turns off the monitor and i hear the disks shutting down but then it just stays on.
Only way to 'wake' it again is holding down power button to turn it completely off and then reboot...

Anyone has a suggestion what I can try to make it work?

i have exactly the same problem , Sleep / Wake doesn't work anymore. Screen goes off and will not wake up and it doesn't shut down. To get it going i have to press reset button or power off and then on again. Same mobo as yours Z68X-UD3h-B3 and using U1H .My System Preferences also hang.
Hopefully Gigabyte will update this UEFI bios to a newer one.

There is a version for Z68X-UD3-B3?
I would like to get UEFI-BIOS for my mobo.

i have exactly the same problem , Sleep / Wake doesn't work anymore. Screen goes off and will not wake up and it doesn't shut down. To get it going i have to press reset button or power off and then on again. Same mobo as yours Z68X-UD3h-B3 and using U1H .My System Preferences also hang.
Hopefully Gigabyte will update this UEFI bios to a newer one.

Yep, I'm also hoping for an update very soon.
I'm dual booting this system with Windows 8 and with Windows the system als has some issues with sleep sometimes...
Weird because it work 9 out 10 times OK with Windows but sometimes the system doesn't wake properly. So the symptoms are different.. WIth OSX the power stays on when I try to sleep it (only display and disks shutdown) ans system hangs.
With Windows 8, the system always goes to sleep correctly but sometimes when i wake it it shuts down a few seconds after and I have to power up the pc again for a fresh (cold) boot...

Yep, I'm also hoping for an update very soon.
I'm dual booting this system with Windows 8 and with Windows the system als has some issues with sleep sometimes...
Weird because it work 9 out 10 times OK with Windows but sometimes the system doesn't wake properly. So the symptoms are different.. WIth OSX the power stays on when I try to sleep it (only display and disks shutdown) ans system hangs.
With Windows 8, the system always goes to sleep correctly but sometimes when i wake it it shuts down a few seconds after and I have to power up the pc again for a fresh (cold) boot...

On Multibeast , did you select EasyBeast, audio and Network for installation. I get system Preferences hangs very often, what i did is after the installation, i deleted or move away this file <EvOreboot.kext > and it seems to solve the problem.

Are you able to overclock it ? , my i7 2600k eventhough overclocked at bios level but Mountain Lion steps to only 3.4 gHz and won't go any further.

I remember i could do the overclocked to 4.2 GHz when i was having F12 bios with DSDT.
Good thing about not using DSDT is no kernel panic but just hangs or multibeast says failed if incorrectly installed.

I've experienced my rig very unstable running my GA-Z68X-UD3H B3 rev 1.3 on current beta U1h UEFI BIOS dated 2012/06/21

When I consulted Gigabyte support for a possible date for the stable vesion they said:

"That depends on the level of demand"

So, please fellas, claim for it!

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back