Graphics
Nvidia GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've installed Snow Leopard no problem with iBoot. Before restarting after my multibeast and 10.6.6 update, I can see everything fine, though just at a low resolution. After the restart, Chameleon loads, I select Snow Leopard and I get the boot up screen. Then...it changes resolution and my screen goes black like it's not getting a signal. The system doesn't panic, as in a few minutes, I can hear the hard drive click and can open my DVD-Drive with the keyboard. So, I know that Snow Leopard is running....it's just not showing up on my monitor.

Could this be because I have my input hooked up to the HDMI port instead of the DVI port?

Gatorman said:
I've installed Snow Leopard no problem with iBoot. Before restarting after my multibeast and 10.6.6 update, I can see everything fine, though just at a low resolution. After the restart, Chameleon loads, I select Snow Leopard and I get the boot up screen. Then...it changes resolution and my screen goes black like it's not getting a signal. The system doesn't panic, as in a few minutes, I can hear the hard drive click and can open my DVD-Drive with the keyboard. So, I know that Snow Leopard is running....it's just not showing up on my monitor.

Could this be because I have my input hooked up to the HDMI port instead of the DVI port?
Can you try the DVI port? I think the HDMI port should work but I know there are problems getting sound to work through it.

Can you send a link of your video card so we can see which one you're using?

Hey Saint,

Here's my graphics card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125327&cm_re=gigabyte_ati_radeon_hd_5770-_-14-125-327-_-Product

Not the batmobile one, but similar specs. I think the clock is 50 mhz faster. Haven't tried the DVI port yet. Waiting on an adapter to come before I try that. That MAY be the problem.

BTW, I figured out what was going wrong with my installation and causing the kernal panic.
It was the ElliotForceRTC.kext. So I resorted to using an earlier version of iBoot and Multibeast. Baby steps I guess! :)

Gatorman said:
Hey Saint,

Here's my graphics card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125327&cm_re=gigabyte_ati_radeon_hd_5770-_-14-125-327-_-Product

Not the batmobile one, but similar specs. I think the clock is 50 mhz faster. Haven't tried the DVI port yet. Waiting on an adapter to come before I try that. That MAY be the problem.

BTW, I figured out what was going wrong with my installation and causing the kernal panic.
It was the ElliotForceRTC.kext. So I resorted to using an earlier version of iBoot and Multibeast. Baby steps I guess! :)
That graphics card should work fine. I just wanted to check to make sure it was one with the 4 outputs.

As for iBoot and Multibeast, I would use the latest version because they have been updated. See thread below.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3651

The only problem with using the latest version of iBoot is that it causes a kernal panic every time. The elliottforcelegacyrtc.kext causes it. Doesn't matter the version of iBoot, if it has elliottforcelegacyrtc.kext, it doesn't work with the Intel DP55KG mobo. There are others with that problem too

I have the same problem. Using the batmobile card and 2 23-inch 1080p monitors. Mine are plugged in to the DVI ports. I boot fine using iBoot from the disk, but I get the black screen otherwise.

sindas said:
I have the same problem. Using the batmobile card and 2 23-inch 1080p monitors. Mine are plugged in to the DVI ports. I boot fine using iBoot from the disk, but I get the black screen otherwise.

Hi!
Do you have a <String> for your card in "com.apple.Boot.plist"

ER800 said:
Hi!
Do you have a <String> for your card in "com.apple.Boot.plist"

No! Should I?

Yeah....what shoud be in that playlist? I have Graphics enabler on, but.....should there be something else?

OK! so adding this fixed my problem:
Code:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1440x32</string>

And caused a new one! Now it crashes mid-way through boot. I am doing a fresh install as I write this, and hopefully I can get it working this time around!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back