Contribute
Register

Gigabyte H87N-Wifi - Bluetooth problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a H87N-Wifi and for sound I found that Multibeast does work, but where is used to be on Line out on your sound settings under the output tab, it's not the built-in option instead, I hope this works for you and everyone else

I wonder if there is a problem with the BT kext? I'm seeing the following in /var/log/system.log

Nov 18 22:13:20 discovery kernel[0]: [IOBluetoothHCIController][hardwareSetupCom
plete] Failed setup: 0xFF02 (kBluetoothSyncHCIRequestTimedOutWaitingToBeSent)
Nov 18 22:13:20 discovery kernel[0]: REQUIRE_NO_ERR failure: 0xff02 - file: /Sou
rceCache/IOBluetoothFamily_kexts/IOBluetoothFamily-4300.4.10/Core/Family/HCI/IOB
luetoothFamily.cpp:26682
Nov 18 22:13:20 discovery kernel[0]: **** [IOBluetoothHCIController][ProcessBluetoothTransportShowsUpActionWL] -- Error!! -- Something went wrong in the setup process. Could not communicate with Bluetooth Transport successfully -- 0xb800 -- 0x2800 ****

An update - the BT has stopped working again. Even after disabling XHCI and upgrading to 10.10.2, still no BT. Now I'm at a complete loss.

Actually the same problem occurs under Windows 8.1...
I think it's definitely a hardware issue.

have a totally different motherboard but same problem, found this thread via google

bluetooth working fine, computer was asleep for 3 hours or so, woke it up and bluetooth is gone. i've updated motherboard bios, disabled/enabled XCHI, done many things... but nothing will sync any more. just to confirm it wasn't my keyboard at fault, i tried syncing it to my legit macbook pro and it pairs without an issue.

booting into windows on the same machine and i experience the same - can no longer sync bluetooth even though it was previously working fine

i too agree that it's hardware. this issue seems far too common though, which is pretty strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back