Contribute
Register

Gigabyte H61N-USB3 - Kernel Panic at various stages of Snow Leopard installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
jricica2

Its not uncommon to have Multibeast suddenly close down - as to Update closing down I could see that happing from time to time - but as the update completed it installs of kexts and you needing to finish the install of Multibeast - rebooting at that poit was not good - but no matter -
Which command line switchs did you use in the begining ....

What I suggest is that you use command switchs after your initial install and reboot
they would be -v -f PCIRootUID=1
So when you do a reboot during that procedure you will use command switches - once you are done w update and multibeast you use them again - I even used them for several more boots after I though everything was ok ...just be clear.
What we want is you system to boot up w/o a KP and to drop the switchs one by one.

The main one that I use if the -f as this switch tells the OS to not load the cached (previously used files) that it booted up and to get the kext file again fresh (if we have installed new ones then we want this) .

I was finally able to get Snow Leopard to install without any kernel panics and have booted into it without the parameters a few times; however now that I am trying to upgrade to Lion, the install of xMove is failing every time. I have tried repeating the process a couple of times and it still has not been successful.

Also, one question I had is about your boot parameters. In a previous post you said I was supposed to use PCIRootUID=0, and in the quote in this post, you say to use PCIRootUID=1. Which should I be using?

Any suggestions on how I should change my approach to installing Lion?

I definitely appreciate all your help, and hope that I can get Lion up and running soon so that I can migrate all of my software/files back over from my external hard drive! Thanks a million!

I was finally able to get Snow Leopard to install without any kernel panics and have booted into it without the parameters a few times; however now that I am trying to upgrade to Lion, the install of xMove is failing every time. I have tried repeating the process a couple of times and it still has not been successful.

Also, one question I had is about your boot parameters. In a previous post you said I was supposed to use PCIRootUID=0, and in the quote in this post, you say to use PCIRootUID=1. Which should I be using?

Any suggestions on how I should change my approach to installing Lion?

I definitely appreciate all your help, and hope that I can get Lion up and running soon so that I can migrate all of my software/files back over from my external hard drive! Thanks a million!

jricica2
great to hear that

As to that question the PCIRootUID=O is for use w only a sandy bridge chip - check the intel site for your CPU to see it they have incorporated SB tech into the chip you have.

Also your question on xmove should be posted to the OSX LION section or Mt LION is that is where your headed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back