1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm attempting to give my wife a new computer using the following components:

h370n wifi mobo
i3-8100
Crucial Sport 2x8gig memory
Samsung 970 NVMe m.2 SSD (250 GiB)

Using Unibeast I've managed to get the USB to boot to the installer but after following the instructions, the first boot off the internal drive (after you disable APFS) it gives the error that macOS cannot be installed. I tried modifying the SIMBIOS and setting the BIOS time to no avail. I'm lost and my wife is counting on me to put this together for her. Her 2012 mini is on its last legs. Help!

I think what is happening is during the initial first boot of the installer, it begins installing and shows approximately 2 minutes remaining then the system reboots. I do not believe it has completed the initial install steps so it must be crashing but I have been unable to notice any verbose data popping up except one time. I will try to capture and see if its a kernel panic or something.

Please see the video here for the install log error(s)
Did you format your disk prior to the installation?
Code:
isConvertableToAPFS: was called on a APFS disk.
Target is not convertible to APFS: This volume is not formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled).

There is a bug in High Sierra where it can't see uninitialised drives.

Go into the Disk Utility, press View > Show All Devices, then quit the program and relaunch it.
Following this process, you should see the disk.

If for some reason this doesn’t work then you may have to work out the 'diskutil' Terminal command.
To format the disk in Terminal:
diskutil partitionDisk Disk-Device GPT JHFS+ VOLUME-NAME R

Replace Disk-Device with the device name of the unformatted disk, i.e. /dev/disk0 (if you only have 1 disk it will be this)
Replace VOLUME-NAME with the volume name you want.

Did you format your disk prior to the installation?
Code:
isConvertableToAPFS: was called on a APFS disk.
Target is not convertible to APFS: This volume is not formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled).

There is a bug in High Sierra where it can't see uninitialised drives.

Go into the Disk Utility, press View > Show All Devices, then quit the program and relaunch it.
Following this process, you should see the disk.

If for some reason this doesn’t work then you may have to work out the 'diskutil' Terminal command.
To format the disk in Terminal:
diskutil partitionDisk Disk-Device GPT JHFS+ VOLUME-NAME R

Replace Disk-Device with the device name of the unformatted disk, i.e. /dev/disk0 (if you only have 1 disk it will be this)
Replace VOLUME-NAME with the volume name you want.
Yes I formatted the disk as JHFS+ and APFS, didn't matter - still saw the same errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back