Intel Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.7 GHz
Graphics
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 DirectX 12 GV-N1060G1 GAMING-6GD
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hi,

Had a hackintosh in the past, went to a MacBook Pro, now setting up a brand new hackintosh using the Installation Guide. i7 8700K, Gigabyte H370M DS3H, Gigabyte Ti 1060 graphics card all on the recommended list.
  • Updated BIOS to version 2
  • Set up BIOS as best I could following the guides here.
  • Fresh download of UniBeast 8.3.2 using High Sierra 10.13.4 downloaded from the App Store.
  • Boot using UniBeast just fine, select install, get the choose language screen, and...
  • No USB. Keyboard or mouse don't work. Tried different ports, no luck.
Any idea what to try next?

Cheers!

May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
Thanks!

Can you point me to a guide or thread about how to get this installed in an Installer USB disk created by Unibeast?

Can you point me to a guide or thread about how to get this installed in an Installer USB disk created by Unibeast?
No.

Fortunately it's not rocket science.
Download and run EFIMounter and use it to mount the EFI partition of your USB installer.
Download USBInjectAll.kext and copy the kext from the /Release/ folder to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ on the EFI partition of the USB installer.
The end

No.

Fortunately it's not rocket science.
Download and run EFIMounter and use it to mount the EFI partition of your USB installer.
Download USBInjectAll.kext and copy the kext from the /Release/ folder to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ on the EFI partition of the USB installer.
The end

Awesome, installing now!

Awesome, installing now!

Managed to do the install. Used Multibeast to install things including the USBInjectAll.kext. Migrated data over, etc. Installed the Nvidia web drivers. All looks good.

Reboot from the HD!

... and the keyboard and mouse don't work anymore. Fair enough.

1. I boot from the Unibeast USB stick and then select the Mac OS install on the HD, still no USB keyboard or mouse.
  2. I boot from the Unibeast USB stick and select the recovery partition. I get the Language Chooser and the mouse and keyboard work.
  3. Reboot again and keyboard and mouse are gone again. (Not surprising.)
Any suggestions on how to trouble shoot this?
I'm surprised that when I boot from the Unibeast USB that things don't work, as that is what I did for the install

Is there a way to edit Clover prefs or the EFI partition? Or should I just use the Recovery partition and reinstall? (Perhaps I choose the wrong USB options when running Multibeast.)

Thanks!

Probably the data migration overwrote some of the OS.

Started over. No migration of data from the the old install (from external USB Time Machine backup)

In Multibeast I chose only what I thought was the bare minimum to enable booting from the HD, networking, and (I hoped) USB.
  • Quick Start > Clover UEFI Boot Mode
  • Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC
  • Drivers > Network > Intel > IntelMausiEthernet v2.4.0 Drivers > USB > USBInjectAll
  • Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Boot Mode
  • Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2
No USB keyboard or mouse.

I try again without networking or USB.

I try again without networking or USB.
  • Quick Start > Clover UEFI Boot Mode
  • Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC
  • Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Boot Mode
  • Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2
No dice. Reboot and no keyboard or mouse.

Strange thing is is that when I again boot from the Unibeast USB stick into Clover and then boot the internal HD, I still don't have any USB keyboard or mouse. Makes it hard to troubleshoot as it seems I have to start over from scratch each time.

It seems that something in Multibeast is killing it. Or something I'm missing.

In case it's relevant, I've been formatting as APFS, and am installing to a SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB NVMe SSD.

Install the OS and don't run MultiBeast.

Download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
Eject the USB.
Run EFI Mounter again and mount the EFI partition of your SSD.
Delete the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your SSD.
Copy the /EFI folder from your desktop to the EFI partition of your SSD.
Restart

You should now be able to boot from your SSD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back