Contribute
Register

Gigabyte H270N-WIFI /Intel HD630 / i5-7600 Kaby Lake running Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached config if anyone would care to comment on what is wrong.
Perhaps you are not booting with the config.plist that you think you are.
To test toggle the verbose mode on or off and see if it changes when you boot.

OK
I'm a bit lost now, if my boot disc has the EFI with the Clover/config.plist in it why does it not boot, but it does from F10/Clover.

funny thing is that it worked fine with the Skylake chip, but not with the Kaby. The only change I have made is the spoof 0x0506E3

Sorry for the noob question, I have been trying to get this to work for about a week now :(

OK
I'm a bit lost now, if my boot disc has the EFI with the Clover/config.plist in it why does it not boot, but it does from F10/Clover.

funny thing is that it worked fine with the Skylake chip, but not with the Kaby. The only change I have made is the spoof 0x0506E3

Sorry for the noob question, I have been trying to get this to work for about a week now :(
Perhaps you have somehow installed in both UEFI and Legacy modes.
When you install in UEFI mode the /EFI folder is on the EFI partition.
When you install in Legacy mode the /EFI folder is located in the root of your system drive.

Well if I put the Skylake chip back in everything boots fine, as soon as I put the Kabylake chip in I have to hit F10/Clover and input the spoof :banghead::banghead:

it seems as if the spoof in my config is not being read, does it have to be at the top of the config.plist ????

How are you getting to your configure file? Are you pulling it directly from the EFI partition?
If not, that is not the correct config file.

Hi phlydude

if you mean the config.plist I posted further up, then yes, it is from my Boot disc/Efi/Efi folder which I mount with clover configurator.

@phlydude firstly, thanks bro.
I made this build with a little differences. Like no broadcam wifi/bt card yet. And nvidia 1050.
Bro. I am so new but I am gettin' pretty good at this. And I think my hardware not work perfectly.
Not give a full performance.
How can I sure my hw performance ?

the best way is to run some geekbench4 and cinemark tests to see how they compare against other builds with similar hardware
If you have a dual partition and have installed Windows as well, you can compare the Windows stats on Geekbench to the the stats on OSX

can you update this guide at all for 10.12.6 . ? i am stuck at install still, and can not figure out why.... Thinking of starting fresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back