Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there
This is my first post and first ever Hackintosh build so bare with me :p

I consulted the tonymac september 2017 builds for custom Mac Pro and bought some of the hardware featured.
I live in eastern Europe and in my area it is a bit hard to acquire exactly what the list suggests whereas ordering through Amazon or ebay triples the price :(
Could not find the Crucial Ballistix Sport LT or Corsair LPX RAM and neither Corsair H60 (watter) cooler and Corsair RM 650x Wat PSU so I went with the following:

Board: Gigabyte H270-Gaming 3

CPU: Intel i7 7700k Kabbylake

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 2 GB

RAM: G.Skill 32 gb - DDR 4 - 3000mhz Ripjaws

PSU: Gigabyte 750W G750 H, 80 PlusGold

Cooler: Deepcool Liquid Gamer Storm Maelstrom 120T

SSD: Samsung 500 gb EVO

HDD storage: Seagate Barracuda 4 tb

Case: Zelman Z9 Neo White

I also have two other SSD’s in my other MBP in case I might need them: Samsung 850 pro 250 gb and 6TB of HDD’s through an Anker active USB hub and an Audient iD22 usb2.0 Audio interface

I can’t wait to get this up and running, it will be used for music production, Logic Pro X, Pro Tools 12+ and tons of legal plugins.

What are your thoughts on the choice of the hardware I have purchased and do you have any suggestions, any issues I should be aware off?
I can’t find much resources on the Gigabyte H270-Gaming 3 so any help, links etc is greatly appreciated.

p.s.
I have built Windows PC’s before and I also repair my own MBP’s, confident in exchanging parts etc and have basic understanding so not a complete amateur :p
All my connections are through USB 2 and 3 and for the time being I am not planing on using any thunderbolt devices, I have an external Lacie on my MBP for my DJ gigs.

Hi there
This is my first post and first ever Hackintosh build so bare with me :p

I consulted the tonymac september 2017 builds for custom Mac Pro and bought some of the hardware featured.
I live in eastern Europe and in my area it is a bit hard to acquire exactly what the list suggests whereas ordering through Amazon or ebay triples the price. :(
Could not find the Crucial Ballistix Sport LT or Corsair LPX RAM and neither Corsair H60 (watter) cooler and Corsair RM 650x Wat PSU so I went with the following:

Board: Gigabyte H270-Gaming 3

CPU: Intel i7 7700k Kabbylake

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 2 GB

RAM: G.Skill 32 gb - DDR 4 - 3000mhz Ripjaws

PSU: Gigabyte 750W G750 H, 80 PlusGold

Cooler: Deepcool Liquid Gamer Storm Maelstrom 120T

SSD: Samsung 500 gb EVO

HDD storage: Seagate Barracuda 4 tb

Case: Zelman Z9 Neo White

I also have two other SSD’s in my other MBP in case I might need them: Samsung 850 pro 250 gb and 6TB of HDD’s through an Anker active USB hub and an Audient iD22 usb2.0 Audio interface

I can’t wait to get this up and running, it will be used for music production, Logic Pro X, Pro Tools 12+ and tons of legal plugins.

What are your thoughts on the choice of the hardware I have purchased and do you have any suggestions, any issues I should be aware off? I can’t find much resources on the Gigabyte H270-Gaming 3 so any help, links etc is greatly appreciated.

p.s.
I have built Windows PC’s before and I also repair my own MBP’s, confident in exchanging parts etc and have basic understanding so not a complete amateur. :p
All my connections are through USB 2 and 3 and for the time being I am not planing on using any thunderbolt devices, I have an external Lacie on my MBP for my DJ gigs.

Your system should work with MacOS Sierra 10.12.6. There is no need to worry about the RAM or the power supply. As long as the RAM works on your system it should work under MacOS. I use Kingston DDR4 RAM myself and it works perfectly.

Your system should work with MacOS Sierra 10.12.6. There is no need to worry about the RAM or the power supply. As long as the RAM works on your system it should work under MacOS. I use Kingston DDR4 RAM myself and it works perfectly.

Thank you.
I haven't tested the RAM or anything yet (Case will arrive tomorrow) but I am concerned about the Mobo, I can't find much info on this particular model, what are (if any) installation procedures?

first time builder myself just completed install/post install, how did yours go. and what was your process for setting up audio.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back