2X Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti 6G, PNY 780 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
The problem says it all. I finally got 10.11 installed and everything runs smoothly but my card is stuck at 19 RPM according to HW monitor which is definitely right because I can see the GPU temp soar when under load.

Fixes?

The problem says it all. I finally got 10.11 installed and everything runs smoothly but my card is stuck at 19 RPM according to HW monitor which is definitely right because I can see the GPU temp soar when under load.

Fixes?

Do you have the nVidia driver package installed ?

Fixes?

The fans shouldn't spin at all when idle or a light load and will only start spinning around 65C. The 19RPM in HW Monitor is just a glitch.

The fans shouldn't spin at all when idle or a light load and will only start spinning around 65C. The 19RPM in HW Monitor is just a glitch.

Hmm, that's interesting. I will give it a try and see what happens. I've only been keeping it at 47 and under. Thanks of for the tip and I'll post results.

WonkeyDonkey,

Yes I do have the driver package installed. Matter of fact that's the only way I could boot in after installing the OS with the onboard VGA.

Hmm, that's interesting. I will give it a try and see what happens. I've only been keeping it at 47 and under. Thanks of for the tip and I'll post results.

WonkeyDonkey,

Yes I do have the driver package installed. Matter of fact that's the only way I could boot in after installing the OS with the onboard VGA.

It might be 55C, either way most 970/980 cards feature a zero RPM fan at low temps. MSI calls it Zero Frozr.

sorry man i know its not the right place to ask this

but how did get your gnu detected in el capitan, I'm going through headache to get it done :crazy:

sorry man i know its not the right place to ask this

but how did get your gnu detected in el capitan, I'm going through headache to get it done :crazy:

Create your own thread.

Fixes?

I have a GTX 750 which also shows the GPU fan always at 19 RPM, so it's definitely a HW Monitor bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back